Unknown Ghost town site....help identify please!

Daddyd2x

Mar 31, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Whites 6000 DI coinmaster
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:hello:
Hi everyone, I was recently out and about this weekend and stopped in at the Lahonta Dam located between Fallon and Silver Springs, Nv. I noticed across the highway (in Lyon county) a couple of old structures and foundations so I drove into the area to check it out.
There were a couple ppl there searching the grounds for relics etc. and when I spoke with one of them they told me that there used to be 18 or so home sites, a saloon, post office, general store and church.
Does anyone know where this is and what the name of this old city / town used to be?
I have searched on line and can't find anything about it. A little history would make my day.
Help please.

D':BangHead:

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
According to the list I found, in Lyon are the following, Sulphur, Pine Grove, Como and Fort Churchill.
Note: there was also a town constructed for the workers of the dam, Lahonta City. May be the one you stumbled onto.

OP
OP
Daddyd2x

Daddyd2x

Mar 31, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Whites 6000 DI coinmaster
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats the one I'm thinking of as well Syn. I have also researched the formentioned towns you listed. My only guess is it is Lahontan city.
Thanks for your help!!!

fireman93514

Greenie
Apr 28, 2014
Fallon NV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pretty sure that is the remains of Lahontan city. Been meaning to stop by there for several years now. lol

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
there was someone posting some finds from a ghost town in Nevada, that they said were coming from where the drought's receding waters had revealed ruins. But they said it was a private site that only they had access to, or something like this. But maybe what you're saying is the site? I dunno. Also, if it is worker camp from the time the dam was built, then that would make it only teens losses. As the reservoir was built in 1915.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread