Unknown Handblown Teardrop Shaped Bottle

MilitariaCollector

Dec 17, 2008
I recently found this bottle at a bottle dump which dates from the 1940's-1960's. I dont think this bottle is very old, but it is unusual. The bottle is blueish green in color, and about 10" in length. The bottle appears to have been made in a mold (it has a seam on either side that runs from the bottom, all the way to the bottom of the lip of the bottle), although it has many air bubbles, and may have been handblown. Can anyone tell me about how old this bottle is, and what it was used for? Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• bottle1.jpg
    bottle1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,057
  • bottle2.jpg
    bottle2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 436
  • bottle3.jpg
    bottle3.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 404

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Wow, thats a new one on me. I have no idea...Maybe foreign :BangHead: Not sure, looks like whiskey style top. Maybe epackage will know or one of the other bottle dudes here! Sorry, jgas

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
wine bottle that was wrapped in reeds, chianti can be right along with other flavors...Started around 1920 and still made today...

Bellagio_Chianti.gif

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
We've found a few of those in Hawaii, although the ones I've seen were more of a greenish aqua and were turn-molds. Otherwise they look pretty similar in both the body shape and lip.

Unfortunately, like most of the stuff we pull out of the ground, there's no way to know for sure what it was used for! :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions