Unknown plate and 3 ringer

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stepped out for a few at the honey hole and came back with 3X2 metal plate inscribed (Patented February 2, 1899 BREGHT B.S. CO.. ST LOUIS NEW YORK ••• DENVER)

As I was leaving got a good signal and dug up a huge 3 ringer and some sort of pin. Out of the corner of my eye I see roundness. I picked it up while walking to the car hoping it would turn out to be a coin but instead turned out to be nothing... Enjoy the pics.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422232611.635714.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422232650.167589.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422232664.620999.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422232698.450223.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422232723.867777.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422232741.817218.jpg

UPDATE HISTORY - This firm was established in 1853 by Gustavus von Brecht. From the beginning, his products were primarily aimed at butchering. In 1868, Brecht was granted a patent for a hub boring machine and although we have never found an advertisement or article proving he manufactured it, an example has surfaced labeled as made by "G. V. Brecht".

By the late 19th century the company name was Gus V. Brecht Butchers Supply Co. By 1920 the business name had changed to Brecht Co., with the business being operated by Gus v. Brecht's sons. By that time, they were definitely not making hub boring machines.

Last edited:
Upvote 8

danimal03

Feb 13, 2012
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a 3-ringer from El Paso? that has to be tough to find. I went through Ft. Bliss once and know it saw activity pre-Civil War and Civil War. but modern El Paso has covered most, of the area. That is the first 3-ringer I have seen recovered from the El Paso area. nice finds.

OP
OP
Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a 3-ringer from El Paso? that has to be tough to find. I went through Ft. Bliss once and know it saw activity pre-Civil War and Civil War. but modern El Paso has covered most, of the area. That is the first 3-ringer I have seen recovered from the El Paso area. nice finds.

Thanks, actually where I found it is an old dump site used by Fort Bliss from the early 1900's. Many pins, buttons, foreign coins and relics found at this honey hole. Unfortunately, the city is building over it and sooner or later will be covered by modern day society, lol. [emoji20]

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool stuff TY. The big fat 3 ringer is awesome. Are you sure you haven't been back to my neck of the woods again? :laughing7:

OP
OP
Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool stuff TY. The big fat 3 ringer is awesome. Are you sure you haven't been back to my neck of the woods again? :laughing7:

Lol, I wish! I would to go back home (Chicago) and try luck there... I remember as kid playing in the woods finding old foundations in the middle of nowhere... My son's station in NC, hoping one day to try my luck there and finally dig up a KG. I don't think they made it here to Texas back in those days, lol.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread