UNLOADED EVERYTHING.............Updates with Pics

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Hey guys
Just thought you guys would like to know I unloaded everything in my stock pile. I had roughly 11 rolls of 40's, 6 rolls of rosies, and 26 rolls of 90's. I decided to propose to the Merc. Magnet. I was planing all along to unload the silver when it was time to get the ring, but boy did it hurt.

Anyways got 47.50 a roll for the 40's, and 120.50 a roll for the 90's. This was on Thursday when the price had dropped 2 straight days. LOL ofcourse if I held on for one more day I prob would have made an extra 100.00. But whatever. Anyways I ended up getting $4,007.00 for everything I had. Only things I kept where the collectible stuff, my almost full roll of mercs, and 3 of my 4 rolls of Walkers.
When the ring is sized and ready il take a pic so you guys can see it before she does.
TTYL
Keith
UPDATE
So guys here is the ring for Eva and on Sunday I asked her to marry me and she said YES..

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 654
  • kiss.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 662
Upvote 0

2Cents

Nov 4, 2009
California
Re: UNLOADED EVERYTHING......................

That's a nice chunk of change.

I hate shopping for diamonds. It's nerve racking. I spent months looking last time. Hopefully, I have done it for the last time (at least as far as engagement rings go).

You should check out http://www.bluenile.com/. It's nice to be able to select the stone separate from the setting. I got my last one there. Excellent prices too.

Good luck with it.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS

nice stash u had there! hope she says yes, but be sure she knows u cashed in ur VERY IMPORTANT stash to buy her that ring, so that she understands how commited u r. :laughing9: good luck!

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

I'm glad my wife did not want a diamond, when we married she only wanted a Gold band, gold was around $300 ounce back then so we paid little for both.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Sometimes a guyz gotta do what a guyz gotta do. I had a shotgun wedding myself, so my wife and I settled for generic bands, promised her one day she'd get a nice one. ffd

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town

Good luck keith. Had I only thought about doing coining prior to my wife's ring purchase! Instead I do coin hunting for house crap...fences, hardwood floors, whatever wife wants...

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

phrostie said:
Good luck keith. Had I only thought about doing coining prior to my wife's ring purchase! Instead I do coin hunting for house crap...fences, hardwood floors, whatever wife wants...

You do know that your wife can read this dont you...... :hello:

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

phrostie said:
Seeing am unemployed use ALL mine for ballast, you know to keep my ship from sinking, only sell some when have too to maintain stability, so to speak :laughing7: .

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice man. I had to sell my 78 Camaro when it was time to get a ring. Sad day, but also a good choice. Hope all goes well for you!

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

Congratulatons Keith ! I got married in a small Kingdom in Europe. Back then they did not give engagement rings. One just exchanged the gold bands during the wedding.I was married in a Church that was built a few years before Columbus discovered America. 36 years and 364 days ago.(just a reminder for myself).
HH
Rich

rwb83

Mar 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy!!!

Well we do this CRH for many reasons and one of those is investment...I know the best investment I made 18 years ago was asking my wife to marry me. So looks to me like you invested the silver well. HH!!!

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro

ugotit22:
The most important investment a man can make! And it sounds like you have done your due diligence!! May you enjoy rich dividends! Congratuations!!

- Grizz

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good luck buddy, your going to need it! :) Hope you can replenish your stash with your new brides help. Then you can sell it all over again when the kiddos come along.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Keith, I was wondering about the Merc magnet. It has been a while since you posted anything about her. Good to hear your sticking with her for the long haul. I too am contemplating sell a bit of my stash. It hurts to part with it though.

Golden Silver

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congratulations on a find more valuable than platinum, gold, and silver.

DW

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

congrats to you and the magnet :occasion18: sorry you had to part with the stash but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. she's definitely a keeper :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
I posted pics above but for those who didnt see the update Eva said Yes on Sunday and here is her ring

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 653
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 654

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats man, that's a nice ring. I got married over the weekend, it was a lot of fun. It all goes by so fast. We were engaged for 2 years, seems like a few months though. Have you two decided on a date yet?

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
congrats man. before you know it you'll have kids too. it all happens so fast. my little one is 14 months...I figure in two years I can get some assistance in searching!

again congrats and best of luck.

~phrostie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread