Unmarked boxes theory. Humor me.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
This is theory that I have for the sudden switch to unmarked boxes in several areas around the country. Let me hear your opinions however harsh they may be. Lol. Perhaps this is a government attempt to redirect silver to an unknown location where they can filter it out of the system. Sound crazy? I am not so sure. The government is printing unprecedented amounts of money with no means of backing it up. Couldn't it be possible that the next step is government syphoning out silver and later confiscating riches. Has it not been done before in history? What are your thoughts. A lot of people are reporting these new boxes that produce very little. They just switched over 3 weeks ago. It seems to be happening in various parts of the country too. I am in VA. Where are you at and has it happened to you?

Golden Silver

Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I actually look forward to the unmarked CWI boxes. Lately, CWI inspector #45 has been cruel to me. All the boxes have been dated the same, also. About a third of my weekly boxes are unmarked. Last week, I pulled 2 40%. Today, I pick up my 8 boxes.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
My CWI boxes in Pittsburgh have been awful this year. I was on the worst skunk streak yet for me (8 boxes) and all my boxes have been undated and unstamped. But then yesterday I got a "good" box with 14 silvers. So my only theory is that the date stampers they used ran out in 2008 and they cut costs and didn't order a new supply of the rotating date stampers with 2009 on them. At least for me, I haven't seen any of them from 2009, and that was around the time I started getting undated unstamped boxes. Just a theory though, nothing to back it up. But I don't think the coins are being routed based on a government conspiracy. It wouldn't be cost-efficient to do so.

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Marked or unmarked I am on a 49 box skunk run. To me they all SUCK!!!

I will stick to my pennies, nickels, and dimes.... :thumbsup:

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Golden Silver,

Bourassa, my son Scooba Steve,and myself are from Connecticut. We all order from different banks from different parts of the State.
From February 1st to the present I've had 5 out of eight unmarked boxes that were skunks. The three that produced gave up small amounts of 40%.

I don't have a clue as to what is going on with these unmarked boxes. I will ask a banker tomorrow.

Will the Government confiscate Gold and silver? Well they did in 1933. They were going to get the silver as well, but settled for the gold. The seizure of the gold had no positive effect on the economy but it probably made low men in high places very wealthy.

Just looking at the way things are being operated by a runaway government I would not be surprised by a confiscation of gold and silver. In fact I would wager a large amount of fiat unfederal reserve notes that they will in fact steal it.

Boxes that have no date stamps,numbers,or the CWI letters, makes me suspicious that the boxes are tampered with in some unknown way. The stamp is the signature of the checker.
I've got 8 boxes on order from 2 different banks. I get 4 tomorrow but can't check them until late in the evening. Have to wait and see what type of boxes I get.

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Thanks Rich now that is a some good info. To me it is curious as well. They could even be doing slowly on the sly letting just one or two coins slip by letting us think it is just a normal drying up of the silver supply.

Golden Silver

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I picked up a 1/2 box from the bank the other day and it was all skunks. I'll look at it, but it sounds like what you're describing as blank. It's brown with yellow writing on the side showing that it's 50 cent peices and it has a CWI stamp on top. What does the marked box look like for comparison?

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
I am in California. When I got flat, CWI boxes, they were always stamped, but as you said, they no longer seem to get the stamps. Most of the CWI boxes I get are pretty skimpy on the ole' silver. Back in mid-January I got two flat boxes that had no stamps or dates. One produced 3 90% Kennedy's, 11 40%, and a very nice 1987D. The other box gave me 1 Franklin, 10 40%, and 1 NIFC. Not dream boxes by a long shot, but rather good, respectable results. I don't know why they stopped stamping the CWI boxes, but I do not think it has to do with their trying to cull out the silver.
- Grizz

Troy Ounce

Jan 16, 2009
Southeast
Detector(s) used
Whites6000 ProXL
All my boxes have been unmarked from the start , Always in a Quarter box. But brinks rolls that appear to be sealed good. What if they are looking for what they can only see. None of my coins have come from the end of a roll with the exception of one. Maybe?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
golden silver said:
Perhaps this is a government attempt to redirect silver to an unknown location where they can filter it out of the system. Sound crazy?
Golden Silver

Not enough silver coins to make any dent in the gov's deficits, etc. How much value in silver coins do you think is sitting in boxes or bags of halves? Tally up all the silver that is on the CRHer tally from each year on this website and put it in today's dollar values. Whatever it is, it would not do a thing with respect to the government's bottom line. Maybe a million tops I would imagine. They (the gov) use Trillions now. Not enough silver in the world to fix that.

Rich Hartford said:
Will the Government confiscate Gold and silver? Well they did in 1933.

Things are alot different now than in 1933. Back then gold was money and circulated as such and the dollar was tied to gold. Today it is nothing like that. How many people do you know who actually own gold or silver bullion? Out of all the people I know I would say less than one percent have any. Do you think the government is gonna confiscate gold jewelry? That would go over well. But if they do confiscate, don't think that slabbed pre 1933s will be exempt like some coin dealers say. I don't think there will be a confiscation, but if there is they will take it all including jewelry in my opinion.

If I had a 401K or IRA, I would be more worried. They could force early payment of taxes or require you to put a portion into treasuries if things got bad for the dollar. All that money just sitting there. And unlike gold and silver, most people have a 401K or IRA.I am not saying I think this will happen either, but would seem more likely if we are talking in hypotheticals.

Jim

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the government wants the silver they will send an special order to banks to return all halves.

I do not think so

DW

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
CWI is a coin handler and packager - that's how they make money.
Any special directives from the govt. or any other entity would be too expensive to implement based on the tiny % of silver in circulation.
Not cost effective by any stretch of the imagination.

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
I still would not put it past a desperate government to glean everything they could. It would not be too difficult maybe unrealistic. I don't know. Your right though, a few million in silver is a drop in the bucket for the billions they are spending. Where and the hell are they getting this cash????

Golden silver

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
golden silver said:
I still would not put it past a desperate government to glean everything they could. It would not be too difficult maybe unrealistic. I don't know. Your right though, a few million in silver is a drop in the bucket for the billions they are spending. Where and the hell are they getting this cash????

Golden silver

It is not all physical cash. I imagine most of it is digits on a computer. They can make as many as they want to it seems. Look at all the TARP money and all the money for the stimulus bill. Now they want to lend 500 Billion to the FDIC.

I hope what is happening in Zimbabwe does not happen here. Check out this story below.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/01/16/zimbawe.currency/index.html

Jim

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Well it appears that some of you have scored on the unmarked boxes so perhaps it is just a random thing. Who knows.
As for the confiscation of Gold and Silver, I don't believe it would be taken to pay off the national debt, it would just be another in your face theft,that would end up in someones pocket. The bail outs are basically thefts of the taxpayers money.
If I were the King I would prefer to keep my peasents poor, and certainly unarmed.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'de say that I get a 50/50 split between marked & un-marked CWI boxes and the both produce poor numbers for silver. But I did get 5 Walkers (including a 1938d), 4 Franklins, 19 90% Ken, & 91 40%'rs out of 57 boxes since January 2nd.

yuggy

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2009
Hi, new to this. There are silver in them brinks. 7 walks, 45 40%ers out of 8 boxes. sorry no pics. The silver is out there. No luck with CWI.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread