UNOPENED ROLLS OF 2009D Professional Life!

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal
On my way to work each day I've been passing by a goodwill store and have intended to stop in for a while. Today I gave myself some extra time (About 5 minutes, so I was rushing) to pop in and see if anything caught my eye (I like to find crazy, unique clothes). I walked in and found a jacket that I was hoping to find for an art project and decided to purchase it. The total came out to 12.99 and when the teller handed me the penny back I happened to glance down at it - 2009D Professional life! It was the first one that I've found and of course asked the teller if there were any more of those - "Yeah, we've got a whole bunch. Dunbar has been bringing them in to us." I asked if I could purchase all they had. At first they were a little hesitant because they always run out of pennies. Fortunately I had been doing my penny hunting on downtime during this session and had a whole box of unopened pennies at the studio. I told them I would go get some rolls of my own and trade them roll for roll - they agreed. I ran back to the studio and picked up a handfull of rolls and gave them over. The manager went in to the back and came out with - yep! FULL UNOPENED DUNBAR ROLLS OF 2009D PROFESSIONAL LIFE!!!! wish I could say that I played it cool, but frankly I was freaking out and still am.

My first thought was to put them on ebay, but I want to offer them to the community first - right now I have 4 rolls and will be going back to see if I can get more. If anyone would like to trade them for silver, PM me and I'll take best offers, 1 roll per customer so as many people can get them as possible. If I can get more rolls I'll offer more to those who want it. Keep in mind shipping for a roll of pennies is $4 in the US.

HAPPY DAY!!!!
George

Upvote 0

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
If you can find out who Dunbar services for banks in the area then you might really be talking here :icon_thumright: Make some phone calls ASAP around your area there probably was a pallet of them brought to your town! You may be able to make a quick little chunk cash.

Maine_Jim

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i scored 5 boxes of them today when i picked up my halves. listed them on feebay. starting bid 75.00 a box with free shipping item number 220482154338

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
My latest e-bay averages are $.03 per penny in 10 roll lots - nothing like the first two releases.
Good luck!

sir

May 29, 2007
silvercop said:
just sold 2 boxes on feebay for 75.00 each. i have 3 more. item numbers 220482605858, and 220482606158
I can't belive there are people out there spending $75 for 2500 useless pennies. What on earth do they plan to do with it. Save it only to find it will always be worth $25? Do they expect that in there life time someone would even pay double face for a bunch of shiny pennies? Because if they do they're even bigger suckers than the guy who bought it on ebay. I just find it really stupid like those who thought anyone would pay money for bicenntenials or state quarters one day. These coins are so abundant there will still be billions out there centuries from now. Its fine to keep one shiny one, not several rolls of them.

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
sir said:
silvercop said:
just sold 2 boxes on feebay for 75.00 each. i have 3 more. item numbers 220482605858, and 220482606158
I can't belive there are people out there spending $75 for 2500 useless pennies. What on earth do they plan to do with it. Save it only to find it will always be worth $25? Do they expect that in there life time someone would even pay double face for a bunch of shiny pennies? Because if they do they're even bigger suckers than the guy who bought it on ebay. I just find it really stupid like those who thought anyone would pay money for bicenntenials or state quarters one day. These coins are so abundant there will still be billions out there centuries from now. Its fine to keep one shiny one, not several rolls of them.

It's an auction.
Newt

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
sir said:
coinmojo said:
fair price for a coin that WILL RETAIN IT'S VALUE.

Mojo
How

Who cares???
I was getting $500 + per box for '09 LP-1's when they first hit the banks.
People look for errors and die varieties, etc.
Why ask? Go find some and sell them.

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
TXTim said:
sir said:
coinmojo said:
fair price for a coin that WILL RETAIN IT'S VALUE.

Mojo
How

Who cares???

ONES MAN JUNK IS ANOTHER MANS TREASURE!!!!

that is all there is to be said...

sir

May 29, 2007
TXTim said:
Who cares???
500 real us dollars for 25 dollars!! By LP-1 you mean pennies right, don't tell me you mean pennies. I may just have to jump off a bridge after witnessing such insanity, then try to get a box myself somewhere and sell it for double face.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
That is still a nice profit if the boxes are easy to get and you don't have to drive to much out of your way.

Maine_Jim

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
sir said:
TXTim said:
Who cares???
500 real us dollars for 25 dollars!! By LP-1 you mean pennies right, don't tell me you mean pennies. I may just have to jump off a bridge after witnessing such insanity, then try to get a box myself somewhere and sell it for double face.

Let it go fella! You are getting involved in a discussion about something that you apparently know very little about, and your starting to look small. The coin world and it's markets do extend beyond pulling a silver half dollar out of a box and saying "yippeee". Get yourself a good coin magazine and start to learn what is going on before you criticize. Good luck, Gpurs...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread