Unsearched Bottle Dump

wildcatman71

Apr 2, 2007
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300, Vintage Tesoro Sidewinder
Okay....here is the story....I went to my wifes cousins house today after work to help him with computer problems. He live in a great old house that was built in 1905. They have spent a lot of time on a full remodel and have just made it beautiful. I ran my detector around his yard a few weeks back and didnt really find anything....they put a lot of fill dirt in. But anyway.....somehow we got on the subject of old bottles....and he said....I got something you may like to see. So, we went out back and he told me that their used to be an old cabin built by the woods, and there was all kind of junk out in the woods. We went back there....and to my surprise was a bottle and more dump. All kinds of glass....metal, and more. It is 36 degrees...so we didnt spend a whole bunch of time...but did find several perfect bottles. I put several by a tree to go back for and when I go back...next week, I will get a bunch of pics. I for some reason left home without my camera!!!! Anyway.....here is a coke bottle we picked up. patented 1923 with evansville indiana on the bottom. Great shape. I cant wait to go hunting in this spot! I have never considered myself a bottle hunter....but have always had an interest. When it get a bit warmer next week, we are going to go to work on this place.....hopefully with lots of great finds and pics!!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,016
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,018
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,020
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,028
Upvote 0

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Very nice Coca Cola bottle! I love collecting those old Coca Cola bottles!!!! :) Can't wait to see what else comes out of that spot.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cleaned one up with the "Christmas date" like you have, and sold it for $25 on EBAY. If yours says 1923, I think it is worth a bit, (or alot), more than the one I had. Mine was Pittsfield Ma. Clean it up and GOOD LUCK! Hogge :thumbsup:

A

archaeon

dig deep till there's nothing more! you have yourself a little treasure trove there, very nice!

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
These are highly collectable, esp with the dates....great shape too

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bottle huntin was my first THin passion

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds interesting, yes pictures of the dump would be cool, keep us posted :thumbsup:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spooky, I'm drinking a Coke right now. :) Nice score on the bottles, can't wait to see more.

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
When I started this hobby, I couldn't care less about bottles. Now I find myself getting very interested. Pretty surprising at the heft of such a small Coke bottle aint it?

oahu90

Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Thats a nice lookin bottle. What part of southern indiana are you from im lookin for a detecting partner before i leave for boot camp

pitdiggers

Feb 16, 2009
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Shadow X5, Tesoro Cibola, Minelab XTerra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great coke bottle.. Hopefully there will be many more whole ones to show up soon. Can't wait for the pictures keep us posted. My only advice is take a backpack or two! because it sounds like you will be hauling out a lot of bottles.

-pitdiggers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread