Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Are we giving these guys too much publicity ? Maybe we should just laugh behind their backs. I can't fault someone for dreaming up or copying these kinds of auctions. There are suckers out there who are willing participants. If those suckers found out about coin roll hunting, one of our forum friendlies would say "Oh $hit,there goes the neighborhood"
Cheers, Jim

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC
People just don't see many halves in circulation, most think they are not made any more.

I saw at an estate sale the other week, $5 in clad halves being sold for $7.50, just as quick as the guy could bag them up.

I was just amazed. :icon_scratch:

I wonder how that feedback is going to work for them. :dontknow:

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011
NaturalJWL said:
People just don't see many halves in circulation, most think they are not made any more.

I saw at an estate sale the other week, $5 in clad halves being sold for $7.50, just as quick as the guy could bag them up.

I was just amazed. :icon_scratch:

I wonder how that feedback is going to work for them. :dontknow:
That's exactly what I though. The feedback can't be good, unless people are actually finding something.

CanadianCRH

May 16, 2011
I think someone should put him out of business, post a bunch of buy it now auctions with the lowest possible price that will cover your cost (fees, shipping, etc) and then once people stop buying from him, he will stop :).

That would be pretty funny :P.. HH

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got a great ebay/dumping idea:

US BICENTENNIAL HALF DOLLARS - FULL ROLL, 20 COINS! VF+

You can buy a FULL ROLL of 1976 Bicentennial half dollars. Every coin is GUARANTEED to grade VF or better. Most will grade EF to AU.

You are only paying $3.75 over face value for these 35 year old commemorative coins that most americans have never seen in circulation.

s/h to anywhere in 48 states is only $8.95 for the first roll and $6.25 for additional rolls.

yonico

Dec 25, 2010
New York City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alpha105 said:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Feedback wont be negative, due to the fact feedback goes both ways, and buyers usually have lower scores than major sellers, so the % impact will effect them the most.

With the way things are going for me.....i may actually end up doing this....

No they're not.
A seller can't leave a negative feedback to a buyer anymore. Not even a neutral. You can either leave a positive feedback or no feedback at all.

Also, I don't really understand all the hate for these eBay sellers. They don't promise silver and cheat their buyers. At least most of them don't. They do say POSSIBLE silver, and people who read the full listing should know and understand what they're buying. Also people can use their common sense and KNOW that you can get coins at almost any bank for not a penny more than face value.

I'm sorry, but I don't think these sellers are doing anything wrong. And I don't think it's fair to leave a negative feedback if you purchase a roll and there were no silver coins in it. No one guaranteed you'd find silver.

How about a new thread discussing the stupidity of buyers actually bidding $35 on an item they can very easily get for $10?

OP
OP
legend76

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
legend76 said:
After a few threads about the "unsearched half" rolls on eBay, I bid $10 (including SH) on one to see what it went for. Can you believe $35 + SH

UNSEARCHED BANK ROLL***SILVER POSSIBLE*** HALF DOLLARS

Sale price: $35.00
Your maximum bid: $7.02
Search for similar items | Win next time with Countdown
Just to clarify, I'm not bashing the guy getting $35 for $10 of coins that he has weighed and knows there is no Ag. I'm just astonished of other people's ignorance and thought I would share.

HH
Legend

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
alpha105 said:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Feedback wont be negative, due to the fact feedback goes both ways, and buyers usually have lower scores than major sellers, so the % impact will effect them the most.

I wonder what he pays for the copper rounds. Looks like he's doing well on those. It's a good idea to sell copper rounds of 1 oz. for $1.00 each. Although I don't think he should call them eagles.

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
alpha105 said:

I wonder what he pays for the copper rounds. Looks like he's doing well on those. It's a good idea to sell copper rounds of 1 oz. for $1.00 each. Although I don't think he should call them eagles.

Would be nice to know where, but im seeing similar ones for 2.99/2.75 each

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread