Untapped market found!

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet! I went grocery shopping for my mom and stopped at a small bank in my town. I normally don't use this one but I have been for the last couple of weeks. One time it was to get pennies, the other times nickels. Well this time I got my 2nd box of nickels and went through it. Not bad! I got 3 war nickels (1945-D,1942(no letter),1945-P) and one very dateless buffalo (my first CRH). I am thinking about sticking with nickels and see what I find. will have to have my store I work at order some boxes of nickels and see what I get. I am just happy I got the buffalo. I can give it to my neice since its about a good condition.

love, garoulady

Upvote 0
OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
really? Ah rats! so its only silver if it has a letter over montacello (sp?)? Bummer. Oh well. I still got two 1939's and they aren't silver. I just like the fact that they are really old. Well older than me. LOL.

-Garoulady

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the mints made regular nickels as well as 35% silver nickels in 1942. 1943-45 are guaranteed to be 35% silver (unless counterfeit), but you have to look for the mint mark on 1942s.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i forget what year but one of the silver only years were heavily counterfeited in NJ and the guy who did it forgot to put the mint mark on the back. These are actually pretty collectible, I wish I could remember the name

cecropia_moth

Feb 10, 2010
i forget what year but one of the silver only years were heavily counterfeited in NJ and the guy who did it forgot to put the mint mark on the back. These are actually pretty collectible, I wish I could remember the name

Henning nickels, dated 1944 w/o the 'P' above the Monticello

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread