Untouched treasure, remains from ancient South American empire discovered!

urbantreasure

Jun 7, 2013
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great read. You see this type of treasure story is what galls me about Archaeology in general. I myself would never have been able to pass all of the math/science type of classes in order to become an archaeologist. These "professionals" are allowed to loot tombs legally while the average treasure hunter/amateur historian would be jailed for it! The article says they kept it a secret, which means no one else would ever have had the chance to find or explore it.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Great read. You see this type of treasure story is what galls me about Archaeology in general. I myself would never have been able to pass all of the math/science type of classes in order to become an archaeologist. These "professionals" are allowed to loot tombs legally while the average treasure hunter/amateur historian would be jailed for it! The article says they kept it a secret, which means no one else would ever have had the chance to find or explore it.

Not that much math and the science is straightforward. Nobody loots tombs legally. Most, if not all digs are funded by governments or scientific organizations. You write and recieve a grant. Do you think that the finds are taken home or sold on ebay? Professionals are educated people that work to further academic knowledge. They keep sites from being looted by amateur "thieves of time".

swamp yankee

Jun 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALL explorations of any important nature/magnitude must be done with great care to show the relationship of different artifacts to the interral/ culture to expand our knowledge database of different cultures before they're lost forever.....

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Austin, the academic archaeologists loot the tombs and the public never see the artifacts. They are lost forever in the bowels of academia. Whats the difference?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread