Unusual Glass - At Least For Me - Please Help With ID, Age & Value

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• MVC-019F.JPG
    MVC-019F.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 84
  • MVC-008F.JPG
    MVC-008F.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 80
  • MVC-009F.JPG
    MVC-009F.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 85
  • MVC-010F.JPG
    MVC-010F.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 95
  • MVC-011F.JPG
    MVC-011F.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 78
  • MVC-012F.JPG
    MVC-012F.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 91
  • MVC-013F.JPG
    MVC-013F.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 86
  • MVC-014F.JPG
    MVC-014F.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 90
  • MVC-015F.JPG
    MVC-015F.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 92
  • MVC-016F.JPG
    MVC-016F.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 89
  • MVC-017F.JPG
    MVC-017F.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 77
  • MVC-018F.JPG
    MVC-018F.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 87

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I love the swirled creamer that one looks like it could early mid 19th century. How did you come by these pieces.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd call that amber glass.
Real pretty, too! I thought I noticed a seam and the bottoms show a knockoff thingy. :icon_scratch:
Don't know about the bottle, or much more. :dontknow: Yeah, where'd ya get it? Nice!
I like your sig, too, btw! :laughing7:

OP
OP
J

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd call that amber glass.
Real pretty, too! I thought I noticed a seam and the bottoms show a knockoff thingy. :icon_scratch:
Don't know about the bottle, or much more. :dontknow: Yeah, where'd ya get it? Nice!
I like your sig, too, btw! :laughing7:

There is a seam on the larger pitcher on both sides at the same place. No seams on the other two pieces.

Attachments

• MVC-021F.JPG
    MVC-021F.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 66
  • MVC-020F.JPG
    MVC-020F.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 73

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know squat about these pieces but there appears to be a seam on the bottle as well

image-3678137879.png

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
J

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey johnny, on your picture number 5, at 1 o'clock and 2 o'clock, is that just reflection from window shades or is it stipling or knurling marks? Run your fingers across the outer heel, do you feel little lines? If so, that is a machine made

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bass is right if that's not a reflection then it's deffinantly machine made. The 8th pic that piece looks good to me.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you've got 1 or 2 newer pcs made to look old. The bottle is likely 1915-1930. The piece relicdude mentioned might be old. You need to look it over for any indication of machine made marks. Then if it is still handmade, it could be of age.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i said 1 or 2 pcs made to look old...let me clarify that...they could be from the early 20th century and were actually used or they could have been made later for novelty pieces. I'm guessing the latter. I don't know how to tell the difference. You would have to take them to a glass collector for their opinion. By the way, were did you get these pcs?

OP
OP
J

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i said 1 or 2 pcs made to look old...let me clarify that...they could be from the early 20th century and were actually used or they could have been made later for novelty pieces. I'm guessing the latter. I don't know how to tell the difference. You would have to take them to a glass collector for their opinion. By the way, were did you get these pcs?

I picked these pieces up at a garage sale this past weekend. I paid $1 for the bottle and $5 dollars for the other 3 pieces as a group sale.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey johnny, on your picture number 5, at 1 o'clock and 2 o'clock, is that just reflection from window shades or is it stipling or knurling marks? Run your fingers across the outer heel, do you feel little lines? If so, that is a machine made

Other than the actual pontil area, the glass is perfectly smooth. I have to assume that what we see is a reflection of some kind. However, as I am very ignorant in this subject, I took a few more photos of that same piece from different angles. Hopefully, they will help you guys. MVC-001F.JPG MVC-002F.JPG MVC-003F.JPG

Last edited:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could be Johnny. For what you paid, in my opinion you found a great bargain

DanTheNewbie

Apr 19, 2012
Central connecticut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im by no means an expert, but recently i was researhing a piece i have and it has seams but i put a date on it between 1880 and 1890.

They blew glass into molds.. If the seam is thicker than normal than this can be an indication.. However i can be wrong i am really new to this..

OP
OP
J

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im by no means an expert, but recently i was researhing a piece i have and it has seams but i put a date on it between 1880 and 1890.

They blew glass into molds.. If the seam is thicker than normal than this can be an indication.. However i can be wrong i am really new to this..

Thanks for the input.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Johnnyfkake's bottle appears to have a parison mold line on the base and side of his bottle. This is an indication of a machine made bottle.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Johnnyfkake's bottle appears to have a parison mold line on the base and side of his bottle. This is an indication of a machine made bottle.

Hey Buddy,

On the taller piece there does appear to be a line around the base area, however the other larger piece with the swirls and the smaller piece with the spout do not have any lines. The bases are smooth, no lines. Note: Only the larger piece has lines along the sides. The other two (Not The Bottle) have no lines anywhere.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, i was talking about the bottle. I think the 2 pcs you say have no lines would be worth taking to an expert and letting them look at them. You may have some old pcs there.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, i was talking about the bottle. I think the 2 pcs you say have no lines would be worth taking to an expert and letting them look at them. You may have some old pcs there.

Thanks for the heads up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread