Unusual Locket Ring

maxiebaby0914

Aug 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a locket ring that I picked up at a garage sale about two years ago for 50 cents. It looks to be made of some kind of antique metal or pot metal. The ring is the size of a quarter.. It's not marked. There are several small circles on the lower side of both sides of ring, however I cannot tell if its a makers mark or part of the design. The ring has a lot of nice details but it also has an adjustable band.
I was hoping maybe if there were any Treasurenet folks out there that might be able to tell me what kind of ring this might be? It kind of looks like a pagan ring or maybe a celtic ring. I haven't been able to find a ring like this so I really don't know what it is.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 140

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These things are usually called "poison rings" and if you google that you will see many. Yours looks like one from the east like India or Bali, and a cheap one due to the adjustable band. So now you can put your "knock out" powder or pills in there and easily drop it into your intended victim's drink!! I have a friend who needs regular doses of heart medicine and she has a nice antique one she wears if she has to be out all day at a social function and she keeps a few of her heart pills in there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread