Unusual reject finds, **~**~**PICTURES**~**~**

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, went to the bank today and dumped a box of pennies since I was passing by to go to the grocery store. Oddly enough, the magnet only contained 2 canadian quarters and a coin from great brittain(1c).

In the reject tray after a few pennies pushed these coins out, this came to the reject bin. Unfourtinately the teller did not have to pull out the machine to change the bag, there could have been more goodies still in the machine.

All in all, got to love free coins, some of them quite interesting. I don't know about canada making proofs, but the 1984 canadian penny looks to be a proof. any help would be appreciated! !

HH and happy holidays!

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 965
Upvote 0

K

Jul 17, 2011
MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks just like your coin ;D:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CANADA-1984-FROSTED-PROOF-UHC-1-cent-PROOF-SET-/300597760940
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Heres the CCCP/USSR coin/medalion thing, theres a bunch but I think all of them are the same? I don't know there's a lot! I can't find any from 1961:
http://en.ucoin.net/catalog/?cid=2034&page=1
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What is the date on the top right coin, but it sure looks Albanian?

dossier

Aug 23, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of strange coins indeed! I'd be very happy finding that assortment of coins regardless of their little value :thumbsup:

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
What year is that belgian coin and that canadian penny is defiantly a frosted proof. Lots of canadian proof coins are frosted and that is the easiest way to tell weather or not it is. I have never found one but I do have many proof sets with identical coins. Nice finds.

cuttybce

Feb 16, 2010
Western PA
You haven't lived until you found a restroom token in dime rolls. My collection boasts three of them, which is three more than I ever wanted to own.

HH,
cuttybce

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Canadian Guy said:
What year is that belgian coin and that canadian penny is defiantly a frosted proof. Lots of canadian proof coins are frosted and that is the easiest way to tell weather or not it is. I have never found one but I do have many proof sets with identical coins. Nice finds.

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
BuffaloBoy said:
That Canadian Guy said:
Wow, that would mean it was minted during the German occupation during WW2. Cool, I only have dutch coins from the german occupation, as well as german coins from the nazi era.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions