Unusual rock carving uncovered from heavy rains

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mark60, i sent you a PM, i hope it went thru. I like the area up above the owl looking stone. Just going by gut feelings. Thats my method of hunting. I dont use a compass or tape to find my spots, or follow the rule book thoughts. I feel each site is laid out in its own way, i let the site iam working guide me. Its what works for me.I know guys dont believe it can be done that way,but it works for me.Keep at it.

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The area above the owl is very interesting, i believe this to be the southeast corner of my site just trying to work out the other corners has caused me some grief.. this area is quickly becoming my white whale and I'm about out of rum

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The area above the owl is very interesting, i believe this to be the southeast corner of my site just trying to work out the other corners has caused me some grief.. this area is quickly becoming my white whale and I'm about out of rum

Oh i forgot Mark60, You might want to lift that stone up a little and look for a map carved on the bottom. I have never tried that. I think i got that from dsty, and someone posted a photo of a map carved on a very large stone, i think they where from overseas some where. You only have to lift it on edge a little to take a peak with a flash light and brush.Wege a log under it or stones to hold it while you look. Just dont get caught in your own death trap,be carefull.

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dog, the photo doesn't really show the scale and as much as I would like to try that, the owl is about 5' head to tail about 4' tall and about 1 1/2' to 2' thick laying on its side, I could push it over but it's not something i want to do at this time, I want to get a bearing off the tail next time i get out there, I'm hoping it will confirm something I just found out recently

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Elk,Buffalo,Sugar,Indian,Shoal,Spring,Neosho,Center...etc?

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Elk,Buffalo,Sugar,Indian,Shoal,Spring,Neosho,Center...etc?

lairmo, if your asking what river this is on I dont really want to say but it is in SW MO

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
after studying my carved rock I'm thinking this is a duck above the triangle with its back to the water IMG_1929.JPG

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He guys take a look at the tread, Marker that specifically relate to finding treasure or something like that. It has some good information

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
I would venture a guess that it may be a mouth, go left or right 200 / 400 paces, also a quick would be one of the 4 degrees

Last edited:

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
My nephew is in The heart hosp in Amarillo, one machine keeps his heart beating and another one keeps is breath working, how's that for a for a Meth user, They said come back in 3 days and we may know more.

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dsty, sorry to hear your nephew is having these issues, thoughts an prayers to your nephew and to you and your family.. take care, mark

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this is a debris field surrounding one of my marker trees 100_0757.JPG IMG_1942.JPG IMG_2129.JPG sorry the bottom 2 pics turned sideways on me

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Mark it is my interpitation is find a triangle with marked corners, there should be a marked rock ( possibly map in the center). that will lead to another triangle with possible only two corners marked you need to use the distance and direction off the 1st to find the second, no use to dig any holes until you get it figured out, and very likely the will already be a hand dug hole there 7ft 7 inches deep 7 ft across, with a circle mound around it about a ft high, probably will be on the N E corner of a hill and near the top. Good Luck. Save time by looking at the land feature and looking for the Old Hand Dug Hole 1st

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My nephew is in The heart hosp in Amarillo, one machine keeps his heart beating and another one keeps is breath working, how's that for a for a Meth user, They said come back in 3 days and we may know more.
I'm sorry to hear this, Dsty. Sounds like this may not end well. It's a heartbreaking situation when addiction consumes a loved one's life. If he survives, I hope he gets the mental and emotional help and support he needs.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
You are supposed to go up and to left thru or near the area of the heart, the white trees are the alignment markers or planted next to the actual marker.. On the lower line with the pentagonal shaped spot I'm not sure which direction, the pentagon spot could be an old cache spot or just a marker for alignment. There is a bird head pointing left and up below the black bearing tree I put a star on. 100_0757 tree marker.jpg Sometimes they give you lines over to markers that are the main layout you have to figure, sometimes it's straight lines and where they cross other alignment lines that you pay attention to. You have to use a compass to see what lines are what and what lines are going to markers or the ends of alignment lines. They will use alot of trees where you are at to locate lines and markers.

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Here, it appears these are the two main boulders you take a bearing over. These will likely lead to the cache. You have to find the other markers that cross the line , possibly out of the picture somewhere, or perhaps near the standing diamond the line I drew stops on which is below the heart. 100_0757 Markers by the trees.jpg The trees are being planted next to the markers, so just go to the white trees and line up the marker next to it with anything in the distance with a white tree by it that crosses that main boulder line that goes up to the left.

edit: I would keep going thru the standing diamond, the red line continues on out of the picture, I just stopped it there to end on a marker. Look for the side lines that cross it somewhere further out, it won't be very far, maybe within 150 feet. And there could be more than one crossing spot.
Double edit: Ha, the 2 boulders I circled put together make a crocodile, and possibly a flying or underwater swimming duck . But I would still follow it out, since it has that white diamond-like splotch on its head..

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And here is a secondary cache line/or line to important marker. Right off the pentagon corner thru a standing diamond thru a heart. Worth a look . 100_0757 last line.jpg Read thru and follow Sandy1's thread it will help quite a bit as well.

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
triangle from a different angle wall.JPG

Top Member Reactions