Up and down Monday

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monday started out with me running to get a new pair of headphones. I was having trouble and wasn't sure if it was the phones or the detector. Fortunately it was the phones. On the way back from getting the headphones, I went by a rec center/park I've been searching. I knew it was scheduled to be completely redone. Today apparently was demolition day ;D. When I got back to the rec center the construction guys were just finishing up. I asked the guy in charge if he would have a problem if I walked around with my detector in the area that they had already cleared. He told me that he didn't mind but the company he works for would because of liability. He kind of gave me permission and he kind of didn't, you know what I mean? Anyway, they all drive away and I get my stuff and start hunting. Now, I thought I saw one of the demo guys' vans pull up to the rec center's main building. I'm just about to dig my first target and there's a guy from the rec center standing next to me telling me he can't allow me to search because of liability reasons. I pleaded my case about a waiver of liability and how this was the perfect time to search when everything was tore up like it was. I could see this was getting me nowhere, so since he asked me nicely I left >:( I went to my backup spot just down the road and found a wheatie, a 1960 nickel, a .30 carbine shell casing, a small metal tube to hold ashes(the site was a funeral home that was torn down) and some clad.

Upvote 0

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as the song goes" tell me why i dont like mondays" but theres 6 days of the week left and things will get better. best of luck

tinpan

B

brz

Its a shame that we live in a world where people are more concerned with getting sued than letting a guy walk on the dirt trying to dig up local history. Good luck and keep swinging.

B

brz

Its a shame that we live in a world where people are more concerned with getting sued than letting a guy walk on the dirt trying to dig up local history. Good luck and keep swinging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread