Upcoming Vacation

B

Big1011Guy

Howdy Folks, I haven't posted or actually been able to to much detecting in awhile. The weather hear in Houston, Texas has been weird this year and I have been busy opening an Online Store:http://www.zazzle.com/Big1011Guy* (extra income). My girlfriend and I went to Treasure Coast, Florida last year for a Metal Detecting Vacation. This year we are wanting to go to Florida again but not quite as far, perhaps stay on the Gulf Side of Florida. Any Tips,Advice,Good Locations etc... that you are willing to pass on would be greatly appreciated. I have a Sea Hunter and my girlfriend uses an Ace 250, so I am interested in shallow surf detecting.
When we went to Treasure Coast last year we were told we could not get in the water with our detectors, because of Mel Fishers Lease on the ship wrecks. Are there any rules/laws that I need to be made aware of for the gulf side of Florida. We go to Galveston, Texas to beach hunt and Metal Detectors are Welcomed on the beach, day or nite. We really enjoy Nite Hunts at the beach,soooooo relaxing. Thanks in advance for any and all information.
Guy

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

After doing some research I found a location in Florida that sounds interesting.
The Location is Destin/Fort Walton Beach. If anybody has done any detecting here, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Edit/Delete Message

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread