UPDATE! 16th silver quarter in the hole and Ring!!

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very strange happenings today. I couldn't sleep thinking there might be silver left behind from my 15 quarter find yesterday. But when I got to the hole today there was a new hole right next to it!! And another hole not far away where I had gotten a bogus signal the day before (large stake in the ground or something). Anyway, both holes were still open. I told my only other detecting friend about my find yesterday and he is in the area, also went to the school. I suspected he went there to try to clean up after me. I texted him and he said it was not him, but he has a habit of getting frustrated and not filling his holes. Very suspect.

I dug deep and wide around the holes and turned my sensitivity to the max. Whoever was there, they missed #16, another 1946. To top the day off, on my way back to the car I hit 1 signal. The silver ring you see below. It is a little tarnished (worried it might be Mexican) but it has a 925 in the band so I'm calling it a solid silver (5.40g). My old school is officially a honey hole. Going back asap. Also found a bunch of 1960's pennies in the same area today.

I need an E-Trac! TooRude is on a roll! HH!

11.18.12.jpg 11.18.12.ring.jpg 11.18.12.925.jpg 11.18.12.total.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 3

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I hate when treasure hunting partners poach sites.... However you should not accuse your partner unless your sure it was him. You found some great things and I like to think we all deserve a piece of the pie. If you find out it was him for sure you can give him a hard time but until then I'd presume its someone else. Nice silver finds, congratulations !!

Keep @ it and HH !!

OP
OP
toorude89

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey like I said we went to the same elementary school. We were best friends 2nd grade to 8th and have remained friends since then we are now 27. Boy scouts, baseball, basketball. He introduced me to my wife. I KNOW him and he's the only person I know who detects. It seems like it was him but like I said I can't be sure. Anyway that wasn't the point of the post. Thanks for stoping by to judge.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be your friend but could also be someone with or without a detector who saw you digging and got curious. Also you commented about being worried your silver ring was Mexican - I'd never worry about that because most Mexico silver is top quality and often hand made. Congrats on both your finds.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I've heard that Mexico has about 400 years worth of silver left. They make some beautiful stuff and you can get it cheaply here in Northern Mexico, oops, I mean Texas...

OP
OP
toorude89

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, OK. Good to know. Thanks!

11.18.12.stack.jpg

Last edited:

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet silver finds !

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That's some great doin's. A find most of us only dream about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread