FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And enough left over to pay for another !

The wife and I went to the mall today and although I didn't get a written appraisal we did go into three different jewelry stores. It is a real blue sapphire 14 k and although I thought it was a mans ring they are saying woman's. Maybe that's why I can't get it off of my wife's finger since I brought it home.

Now to the good news the average from all three stores we went into came out to a value between $1,800.00 and $2,200.00! I am a happy camper....

see the original post here

Attachments

• best one.jpg
    best one.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 7,211
  • thgrghjyjnyy.jpg
    thgrghjyjnyy.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 7,197
Upvote 0

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
jpotter said:
You have to love this hobby. It's the only one that you can actually make money in and recover your expenses.

I know I have paid for mine a few times over too.

HH
You and me both brother. I have paid for mine in change. I have never sold any of my gold or silver jewelry.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Nice find Bill. Congrats on making the banner. It is finds like that ring that make this hobby so much fun. Not to mention making your wife very happy. LOL

Ray S.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Excalibur and my trip were paid for with this find, so I know how FloridaBill feels. It's a warm fuzzy feeling....

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Cow,
That is sweet.

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Bill SUPERSTAR! I saw you on whites site. :thumbsup: Congrats man!

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok I'm thinkin' we all ought to move down there with Bill & hunt his beaches til we can pay for ours!? your wife wouldn't mind if about 2 or 3 hundred TH'ers moved in w/ya right? we would supply the beer.

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
davest said:
great looking ring, where can you sell it? I've been trying to unload a 1/3 karat diamond with 16 small ones in 14K for the last 6 months, I've been offered 35.00 from a jeweler and 55.00 from a pawn shop, I just don't have the time to ebay or sit around waitin for someone from craigslist to call.

6 mo. huh. Had you put it on Ebay, it would have long since been sold. If you can wait 6 mo., why can't you wait a week?? The pawn shop offer is about a third of what they would ask for it. You can get it appraised and then start the bidding at 1/3 to 1/2 of the appraised value.

Deepsix

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
It is a beauty! hard to pay off the machine with the gold on your wife's hand huh? I'd be wearing it too!

goldtooth

May 14, 2007
central valley in california
Detector(s) used
EXII,Sovereign gt,1266X,,Excalibur 1000,Tigershark,F75,F2
Beautiful ring Bill.Congrat...So far my wife hasnt kept any of the rings I have found,but she did take half of the midwest check.lol

Congrats on the banner.

HH ROLAND

UncleTom

Jun 3, 2006
SEABROOK TEXAS
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I and II, CTX-3030, Equinox 600, X-terra 70,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, What were you swinging?

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
WOW Bill that is a awesome ring. Now do you make loans? LOL I bet the lady who lost that did some cussin and how hard is it going to be getting it back from your wife lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread