Update...lots of rain...(added pics)

cajunmiss

Dec 2, 2006
SE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
NEW Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett GTI 1500 (board is out)
Hi all, I haven't come back to post my findings from a couple weeks ago...To put it plainly...I've been rained out!

I did get to hunt my best friends yard a little. Found a faceplate for a electrical socket, alot of wire, lots of torn metal roofing, and plenty pieces of ripped cans. Remember her home was destroyed by Katrina and her property was bulldozed.

BUT--I did find my 1st pull-tab!

My husband was beside me as well as my friend and her twin 4 year olds...My husband was like...WOW. It's so funny how we get so excited when we find something unusual or old, even if it is simply a pulltab. The twins wanted to know what it was...haha. My daughters also wanted to know why I would save something like that!

Well--we've had rain since then, everyone's yards are soaked and flooded. I am not going to MD until it dries some. What a mess.

Have a great day!

CM

Attachments

• 1st pulltab.jpg
    1st pulltab.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 295
  • Pulltab.jpg
    Pulltab.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 281
Upvote 0

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Re: Update...lots of rain...

All I can say is, congrats on the first pulltab. You are now one step closer to your first ring! ;D And as far as the rain goes, well, we may be in different parts of the country but a half inch a day here for several weeks with a few three inch days thrown in and the next clear day is supposed to drop the temps into the low 20s. Not what I would call the best weather for hunting!
Best of luck hunting,
~Nash~

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ya gotta dig a lotta pulltabs to get the gold but it's always worth it in the end!

HH and good luck!

Lonewolfe

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII

Pulltabs are there to confirm your detector is in good working order. Just remember. The next pulltab you dig might be a diamond ring. ;)

Ridley

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS

Stormtrooper154 said:
I just find it amazing how many people rip the tabs of the cans LOL

Ah yes, but some of us were around when you HAD to totally remove the "pulltab" in order to actually consume the product inside. There are actually some of us detectorists who ENJOY finding the "Antique" pulltabs. Helps date the property. ;D ;D

OP
OP
cajunmiss

cajunmiss

Dec 2, 2006
SE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
NEW Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett GTI 1500 (board is out)
by the way, I use the little containers when I go out for all the lil' treasures I find. My boy eats all the yummys to give me lots of storage containers!

JT2

Aug 9, 2006
Concord MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This past weekend I was getting a good consistant quarter signal at 6+ inches, dig, dig, out pops a pull-tab. I was quite surprised (and disappointed too) as those usually signal quite lower with a choppy tone. The soil was fairly sandy...maybe thats why it showed as highly conductive.

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Sometimes it is the little things that really get you going.....and also just to get out and hunt is a great way to spend the day! Good luck...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread