cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Well I got the shock of a lifetime today :icon_cyclops_ani:

I spoke with the jeweler today and picked up my ring. He said the diamond is platinum with a 1.8 carat diamond (VS clarity, G color) with .33 in side diamonds. appraised value...$18,000 :wav:

So of course I called the insurance agent as soon as I got home! lol

The jeweler said that unless I need the money I should wait to sell after the economy recovers. He said when gold prices are up in a recession then diamond prices are down. So I guess I'll have myself a nice cocktail ring for awhile.

Upvote 0

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
That's awesome. Could this be the most valuable find ever on T-Net? What "is" the most valuable find ever on T-Net. :dontknow:

I'm green with envy. :D

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RPG said:
That's awesome. Could this be the most valuable find ever on T-Net? What "is" the most valuable find ever on T-Net. :dontknow:

I'm green with envy. :D
Thats been advertised...read about nightstalkers find in the best of t-net...Steve

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is a platinum diamond?

Ive never heard of one: "He said the diamond is platinum..."

OP
OP
cntrydncr1

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
I guess I should have said the diamond is set in a platinum ring.

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cntrydncr1 said:
I guess I should have said the diamond is set in a platinum ring.
I know, I was messing with you. That is an awesome find! AS someone else said, its a once in a lifetime moment.

OP
OP
cntrydncr1

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Yeah I keep thinking I should quit detecting now, but I'm WAY too hooked! I know I will never top that find.

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!!!!!!!! That is the most amazing ring!!!!! I am so happy for you. $18,000 has got to be one of the most valuable finds ever on this site. I'd bet if you took every peice of jewelry out of the sand on the beach for a 500 mile stretch, you'd be lucky to find any ring any nicer than the one you found. It is absolutely amazing that you swung your coil over that awesome peice of jewelry. That find is beyond words. Congrats again!

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
Congratulations!!! I am assuming that this is "replacement value". Do be aware that appraisals for jewelry are unlike property appraisals. Realistically with the style and the "value" of the stones and metal, figure a sales price at a bit under 1/4 (or 25%) of the appraisal that you got. Still not bad for a day's work!!

OP
OP
cntrydncr1

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
gemee said:
Congratulations!!! I am assuming that this is "replacement value". Do be aware that appraisals for jewelry are unlike property appraisals. Realistically with the style and the "value" of the stones and metal, figure a sales price at a bit under 1/4 (or 25%) of the appraisal that you got. Still not bad for a day's work!!

Yes, my jeweler told me that the appraisal is an "opinion" and he had appraised conservatively. He said another jeweler might appraise as high as $22,000. i"m not selling at the moment.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find, love the value on it too. I guess that will pay for your Ace 250 :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread