Update.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So many of you know I work at a sort facility, I haven't updated in a while. So here is a report.
Last week I was working on nickels the usual, finding lots of silver war nickels. I didn't cull or make ender rolls though. I just left them as they were, to be rolled with all the other dump coins. This week they started me on quarters and the TD bank penny arcade shut down is starting to affect my facility. We ran out of nickels last night, and pennies. I had the opportunity to box quarters for three days, I've found about 3$ in face in silver quarters just by spotting them. Today, they must have shipped mint pennies in along with mint dimes. My super switched me with the dime guy, so I boxed dimes last night. It was a much needed break, as my hand was starting to get numb after work. Whole bunch of mint dimes, so nothing special today. I did notice a layer of dust on top of the halves boxes that were stacked up under 3 other skids/pallet. The box top was almost black, wonder how long it has been there. Lol I believe now is the time to order halves boxes, if you are in the NYC area, maybe you'll have a chance of getting into a older box. Well that's it for now.

Upvote 0

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
We really appreciate the updates, Liu21. Thanks!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Liu21: when you say NEW MINT COINS, are they coming direct from the mint / or / federal reserve bank in New York? You must have extremely good eyes to notice the war nickels, but probably very easy to spot those silver quarters. Thanks for your ongoing input to us CRH's.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Liu21: when you say NEW MINT COINS, are they coming direct from the mint / or / federal reserve bank in New York? You must have extremely good eyes to notice the war nickels, but probably very easy to spot those silver quarters. Thanks for your ongoing input to us CRH's.

new mint coins, as in directly from the FED, straight from the ballistic bags that has the US MINT seal on it. W.Ns are not hard to spot, it is toned slightly which makes them stick out among regular nickels. Silver quarters are harder to spot, which is why i rim search when it comes to quarter and dimes.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
I wonder what the tellers say about you behind your back after they have to lug out 15 boxes of halves from the vault.

Probably something like look at that handsome man coming in with the nice butt getting some coins again

Actually my tellers have to do no work at all other then ordering on the computer, great system really.
I leave my hand truck in there vault, delivery driver stacks my boxes on the hand truck, and I wheel it out to the car when I get there.

Last edited:

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
I really hope your right.

Nope actually all the same bank. Where I've been ordering anywhere from 10-20 boxes a week for almost 8 years.
Apparently they aren't sick of me yet

Life's easy when you have one pick up bank, and one dump bank that accepts bags

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
I'd wager a fair amount that he's not getting them all from one branch...

Most of the time I pick up from one main bank, but you are right I have roughly three banks I can order from at any given time

Normally base it on how much I've been ordering lately, and from which supplier I want yo order from

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most of the time I pick up from one main bank, but you are right I have roughly three banks I can order from at any given time

Normally base it on how much I've been ordering lately, and from which supplier I want yo order from

ugotit22, are the halve boxes you get stamped? if they are can you describe it?

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
ugotit22, are the halve boxes you get stamped? if they are can you describe it?

Some in the past used to be stamped with codes or dates however I haven't seen those in a while.
Now they are the plain long Brown boxes.
And long yellow Loomis boxes
I can get the double stacked Brown ones too but they have been horrible for sometime now

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope actually all the same bank. Where I've been ordering anywhere from 10-20 boxes a week for almost 8 years.
Apparently they aren't sick of me yet

Life's easy when you have one pick up bank, and one dump bank that accepts bags

Holy cow! Does your sister run the bank or something? I have no clue how you didnt wear out your welcome ordering that much per week from one bank. Your worried about people making videos when your a walking billboard for CRH coming out of a bank with 20 half boxes a week.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Holy cow! Does your sister run the bank or something? I have no clue how you didnt wear out your welcome ordering that much per week from one bank. Your worried about people making videos when your a walking billboard for CRH coming out of a bank with 20 half boxes a week.

Nope
Very low key
Quiet bank, normally put bags over the hand truck and load road into my car which is parked at the door.
Great relationships with tellers that I've built over time. That's always half the battle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread