ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Some of you were following this thread:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...es/514974-tired-folks-trying-run-my-life.html

Court was today. Officer showed up. Not only were all three of the charges dismissed, I am ALLOWED to dive the Detroit river.

Because of a few people on here, I REFUSE to let anyone know the details and how I beat the citations.

BUT AS I HAVE STATED. I do NOT recommend for anyone to piss off a cop. I can and I will. I will also deal with the consequences. NOBODY with a badge and a gun will EVER push me around.

Nobody here runs my life and I don't try to ever tell anyone else how to handle theirs.

Have a wonderful winter all. I will be back in full force at my favorite diving hole in May.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
....BUT AS I HAVE STATED. I do NOT recommend for anyone to piss off a cop.....

Scuba: Thanx for the followup. Congratz. And glad you clarify that you do not wish this to be some sort of suggestion for others to "flaunt their rights" etc..... It's always best not to spit in people's holy water. If I anticipate someone (cop, gardener, ranger, etc...) "might not like it", I choose to avoid the people in the first place. If that means detecting at night, so be it :)

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Tom, as I said earlier I have always respected your posts. Sometimes I don't agree but that has nothing to do with respect.

IF an officer is a prick to me, I will return what is dished out, as long as I KNOW I am within my rights. I have had many many good conversations with officers that do not push their badge in my face. The ones that do, well lets say I just won't tolerate it.

HOWEVER, I did learn a few things. The disorderly conduct citation is VERY BROAD. Even though I was polite, that one could have stuck. We all know only too well that officers can and will lie on the witness stand. I was accused of swearing. That is one thing I NEVER do to ANYONE. The judge heard the charges against me and immediately said dismissed. That even blew me away.

I would have LOVED for the judge to hear how the sheriff took my dive flag and then I got a ticket for diving without one? Oh well, dismissed is dismissed and I will be back in full swing next April. Lets see what new adventures I can get myself into!

But you are 100% right. This was a time waster going to court. I could have got out. Let the chest thumping sheriff officers and boat leave the area and gone back in. I MIGHT do that if there ever is a next time. I won't tell people how to deal with a cop. I don't expect any arm chair lawyer to tell me, an ex cop, how to deal with a cop, BUT I will listen and am open to suggestions on how to handle a situation if it comes up again.

I do know me though. I had to leave the force after my parents were killed and it has affected me since the early 1990's. There is a BIG difference between an officer with a badge that is trying to keep the peace and one that thinks he is above everyone else and everyone has to obey his authority.

Peace.

Last edited:

SirWalterRaleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Lesche 85 and Sampson t-handle 31"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
score one for the good guys. Way to go not letting yourself get pushed around!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Scuba, are you sure there's not a bit of Texan in you?!?!? :laughing7:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hey Scuba, are you sure there's not a bit of Texan in you?!?!? :laughing7:

Not that I know of. I think that after a person gets sick of supposed authority figures trying to push them around, they learn the laws and push back. I feel I need to be respected, just like officers feel they need to be.

So far I haven't been handcuffed and stuffed in a cruiser with all my scuba gear on. Time will tell!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad it worked out for you, I'll drive out to help you clear that river this summer!
Lol
Brad

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally... if I were the judge... I would have said...

"If you have balls enough to dive in that ... then dive away".

heh :P

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations. Now how are you going to get those big balls stuffed into a wet suit? Perhaps with a little help from the deputy. :laughing7:

bakkhoe

Jan 26, 2017
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Equinox800; F75 ltd2; V3i; Tiger Shark; DeLeon; Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to hear that you won your case. My guess it that all this started as a result of some jealousy by a third party, of your success at recovery.
Good luck when it warms up!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Glad to hear that you won your case. My guess it that all this started as a result of some jealousy by a third party, of your success at recovery.
Good luck when it warms up!

Thank You.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread