glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my Type II Inverted Error dollar bill to have it graded and was told it grades Extra Fine .There is a fold in the center and a fold on one of the corners. I hope to check somewhere else to see if I can get a better offer than what I was quoted today . I am not knowledgeable enough to make an informed decision as to if I should sell it or keep it for rarity of it

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I would keep it, a rare novelty or conversation piece for sure. You most likely will NEVER SEE ONE AGAIN.

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In no way am I saying that what was offered is not a fair price .At this point I have no idea .But for that amount it is of more value to keep to show people .You are 100 %right Dozer I will never see another .And when I first saw this one my eyes did a back flip in my head .

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you pay to have it graded and encapsulated? If not I would have it professionally graded so it's correctly graded, protected and in a sealed currency holder. Also, that gives you a better sale value when and if you ever do to sell it.

PCGS%2BCurrency.JPG

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received this $1.00 bill in change when I made a purchase at a local hardware store .At first glance I thought it was cut and taped back together by someone as a trick .That was 15 years or more ago . I put it in a safe place and would show it to people .About a year ago I found and join this site .Sometime after that is when I learned what I had while looking at this site .

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received this $1.00 bill in change when I made a purchase at a local hardware store .At first glance I thought it was cut and taped back together by someone as a trick .That was 15 years or more ago . I put it in a safe place and would show it to people .About a year ago I found and join this site .Sometime after that is when I learned what I had while looking at this site .
I understand that. I'm the one who correctly identified the type of error you had on your previous thread. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/paper-currencies/573891-1-00-real-wrong-cut.html#post5764580

Though I However you stated...
I took my Type II Inverted Error dollar bill to have it graded and was told it grades Extra Fine .I hope to check somewhere else to see if I can get a better offer than what I was quoted today . I am not knowledgeable enough to make an informed decision as to if I should sell it or keep it for rarity of it.
What I was wondering was if you had actually sent it in to get it graded at a reputable grading service or is your grade of "extra fine" coming from someone on here or locally?
All I'm saying is if it were mine, regardless if I were going to keep it or sell it, I would have it professionally graded by PCGS or NGC.
If I were going to sell it I would most definitely spend the money to have it graded, unless someone offered me crazy money for it.
If I were going to keep it I would still have it graded as soon as I could, to prevent any further damage and to make it legit most of all.
It's a keeper in my opinion. It won't lose value.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW- The recent auction sales of similar notes such as yours have sold between $500-$750. A 1999 choice uncirculated sold for $1199.00 a few years ago. These are all professionally graded examples. Compared to this $234.00 example on ebay which is not in as good a condition as yours, but still would have sold for higher if graded.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-1-Fed...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggummup I do remember you identified what I had .Most of my treasure hunting has been digging bottles and some relics from fields .When I join this site I slowly realized there are so many categories of treasure hunting .As I started looking at the different forums I remembered this dollar bill I have .I do not know what the process is for something like this .Because of your post now I know I need to have it professional graded ,It is in an unsealed plastic holder made for money .It has been locked up for a long time and only in the last few weeks did I get it out to look at it in the sleeve I had no problem turning down the offer I got because it is worth more than that just to have .And like you said for crazy money I would consider it .On the other hand I have had it all this time and it cost me nothing to keep it a while longer .Thanks for helping a green horn like me from not knowing what I don't know

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread