Updated FENN TREASURE - July 2016

Rick4570

Jun 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, Minelab 800 Equinox, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think MR. Fenn might just have some leagle problems if the dead mans family decides to sue him.i say this because this is not a 150 year old lost treasure story but of a modern day tale of hidden treasure started by Mr. Fenn who by the way is still alive. any good lawyer should be able to win a wrongful death suit. if anything the court just might make Mr. Fenn produce the treasure he said he has hidden. so just maybe shortly every one wll find out if Mr. Fenn"s story is true.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
i think MR. Fenn might just have some leagle problems if the dead mans family decides to sue him.i say this because this is not a 150 year old lost treasure story but of a modern day tale of hidden treasure started by Mr. Fenn who by the way is still alive. any good lawyer should be able to win a wrongful death suit. if anything the court just might make Mr. Fenn produce the treasure he said he has hidden. so just maybe shortly every one wll find out if Mr. Fenn"s story is true.

Likely not even a slim chance of that, even in today's fear-oriented nanny state. From one of many similar law-based websites ( How a Wrongful Death Lawsuit Works - AllLaw.com ):

" ... What Must Be Proven?
In order to hold the defendant liable in a wrongful death claim, the plaintiffs in the claim (usually through the estate of the deceased victim) must meet the same burden of proof that the victim would have had to meet had the victim lived. So, using negligence as an example, this means showing that the defendant owed the victim a duty of care, that the defendant breached this duty, that the breach of duty was a direct and proximate cause of the death, and that the death caused the damages that the plaintiff is trying to recover..."

As far as the 150 year-old lost mine stories - let's say the "Lost Dutchman" for example, where searchers of Waltz's alleged gold mine die regularly - what about all the modern-day writers who continue to lure searchers into the Superstitions? What about TreasureNet.com, which daily posts treasure tales that likely incite readers to run into the mountains looking for gold? Do we blame them for the actions of unfortunates who may die as a result of poor decisions or bad luck while chasing their dreams of riches? Want another huge can of worms? What about the manufacturers and advertisers of mountain climbing equipment, whitewater kayaks, fast motorcycles, hot air balloons and any number of other pushers of potentially risky activities? Are they responsible for the many unfortunate deaths of their customers too?

Mr. Bilyeau's death was unfortunate, but what caused it? Heart attack? Walked off a cliff? Drowned in the river? Froze to death? Suicide? All tragic, but none to be blamed on Fenn. As far as Fenn's treasure is concerned, it'll take a successful searcher to verify its existence - just like every other treasure hunt throughout history. If "the court" owed the public "the truth" of everybody's public statements, it would change the world - but don't hold your breath.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Yikes-

This is quite some logic.

According to your legal theory, if a Pokemon Go player is heads down staring at his phone, steps into the street and gets killed, the family should sue the parent company of Pokemon Go.

Right?

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I created this thread for the exact opposite of whats going on here. This thread is about sharing new clues regarding the hunt. Now Pokemon is involved.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I created this thread for the exact opposite of whats going on here. This thread is about sharing new clues regarding the hunt. Now Pokemon is involved.

It's called a conversation.

Conversations evolve.

My apologies, I'll step out of your thread.

OP
OP
F

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does everyone think about "no paddle up your creek?" Is Fenn referring to a dry river bed, or a waterfall, a strong current or rapids?

2fishon

Jul 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
If the box is under water, especially in a river, you would not necessarily require a paddle to retrieve it. This could also explain several other lines- "Your effort will be worth the cold". Implying you are going to have to get into the cold water to retrieve the box. Also, "Just heavy loads and water high"- picture yourself having to pick up a 40lb box from the bottom of a river bed and walk it to shore. If the water very swift or even chest deep that is going to be "no place for the meek".

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out looking for Fenn's treasure up on the Pecos River, north of Pecos, NM. I found a blaze pn the other side of the river, across from an island. I went home, got a pair of waders, looked all around, in the river and above on the hill. Never found anything. On the way out there was a missing persons poster. Apparently the last place this guy was seen was at this very location where I thought Fenn's treasure was. Could he have found it and just left everyone in his history behind? Could be? I never read where he was found or even lost for that matter.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
"No paddle" = perhaps a paddle isn't needed for the creek because there's no creek e.g. Dry creek bed ?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to this mystery but not new to the concept so I thought I would share some thoughts you might want to consider.

Back in the late 1990's and early 2000's I hosted a community website that did exactly what Mr. Finn has done here, we hid treasures and then offered clues to those locations, our intention being exactly as Mr. Finn explains, to get people out there exploring and enjoying the thrill of the hunt. In our efforts we hid everything from catches of old coins to jewelry items of gold and silver, some caches larger then others. For a while this was going quite well but then we ran into a snag and this snag is what I wanted to share.

As our caches increased in size we discovered that those finders weren't going to advertise their discoveries, some of our caches being found and never reported. So just bear in mind that given the value and contents of the alleged Finn cache it is "extremely" doubtful that a finder would ever announce that discovery, I know I wouldn't. So as you're out looking about keep in mind that the treasure might have been already recovered "if Mr. Finn hasn't got an absolute means of keeping tabs on it." Now if he's actually thought all of this out as well as he says he has then what I'm suggesting here might help you out in your search efforts. If he's keeping tabs on it then it either has to be someplace close or it has to be in a secure location, perhaps nothing like what his clues suggest at all.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the box is under water, especially in a river, you would not necessarily require a paddle to retrieve it. This could also explain several other lines- "Your effort will be worth the cold". Implying you are going to have to get into the cold water to retrieve the box. Also, "Just heavy loads and water high"- picture yourself having to pick up a 40lb box from the bottom of a river bed and walk it to shore. If the water very swift or even chest deep that is going to be "no place for the meek".

Creeks are subject to spring runoffs torrents, too much risk of the box getting moved or broken open, etc. If I were out there and I could join in the hunt I'd be thinking 100% "safe and secure location."

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HA! He CAN "keep track of it"; buried under a rock ledge/over-hang off a hiking trail near his house... he can see it with his binoculars, or telescope. Heh...

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a new Youtube channel in the works that is going to offer some unique perspectives and research results for those pursuing this mystery, everything from the legal aspects that Fenn would have had of considered to the elements that he would of had to consider before he ever stepped into the mountains with that treasure. All of this geared toward helping folks get better dialed in on those possible locations. I'm not sure yet when this channel will launch but as soon as it does I'll let you know. :icon_thumright:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi to all

I am not interested in Fenn's treasure , but i want to write my opinion and to make an analysis of the poem/clues .
I believe the small but worth to research treasure is close to Santa Fe , and from the two verses of the last stanza " Your effort will be worth the cold. If you are brave and in the wood ", show how the treasure is high on a mountain and in a forest .
I believe the rest of the poem that describes the treasure location , shows the Santa Fe recreation/ski area , and i will explain why .
Let's start with the second stanza :

Begin it where warm waters halt ( begin from the last house )
And take it in the canyon down, ( shows how is on a mountain summit )
Not far, but too far to walk. ( has a road or ski lift . I would put this verse in the second line for better understanding )
Put in below the home of Brown. ( at the end of the road and the end of the ski lift on the summit , exist a wooden house which has a brown color . Also , if the Brown means Broadcasting wide net , is the same thing because there are few wide net antennas )

In the GE image below is the Santa Re recreation park , and with the red is the brown house

treasure site.jpg

In the next GE image you can see the ski lift end/control room ( in the green square ) , the brown house ( in the red square ) , The " blaze " ( Santa Fe lake ) and the area of interest ( yellow rectangle ) .

brown and blaze.jpg

A photo of the brown house ( red rectangle ) , the ski lift ( green rectangle ) and the direction we shall go ( yellow arrow )

house of brown.jpg

Now the last two verses of the third stanza :

There'll be no paddle up your creek, ( there is nor a river )
Just heavy loads and water high ( just big rocks and a lake )

And now the final with the first verse of the fourth stanza :

If you've been wise and found the blaze, ( the blaze is the shape of Santa Fe lake with the sun shining on it . The word " found " could means : to go down to the lake or the moment you can see the " blaze " )

This was my explanation of the poem and my opinion of where the treasure could be . I hope to be right and to make someone happy in the future .

I wish good luck to everybody !

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to add something to my previous post .
The wooden house which I have posted , is a ski patrol center . I recognized this in a map of the ski recreation park . Also i saw some pictures with the ski patrol men , and they wear brown clothes and brown hat .
Could " house of Brown " means " house of the ski patrol " ? Nothing is impossible .

RahRah

Tenderfoot
Sep 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does everyone think about "no paddle up your creek?" Is Fenn referring to a dry river bed, or a waterfall, a strong current or rapids?

Perhaps it's not a clue? There are nine clues, what are your nine clues?

MegaFootFace

Nov 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RahRah, I'll bite. Here are MY nine clues. No laughter, please.

1. Not far but too far to walk, cyberspace. I think WWW. Is a hint.
2. Put in below the home of Brown. Proper name for a person.
3. From there it's no place for the meek. No place, is my clue.
4. The end is ever drawing nigh
5. There'll be no paddle up your creek
6. If you've been wise and found the blaze
7. Look quickly down your quest to cease. Here is where I get blurry-eyed. I think "cease" is my blaze, because my quest is to "cease".
8. But tarry scant with marvel gaze
9. Just take the chest and go in peace.

Peace out.🍌

Will you let us know your nine?
Thanks, Dear.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I am a little late on this Finn treasure, Just borrowed the book on Friday from the library and read it thru last night.
It appears that there are more clues scatted thru out the book.
To get a hint if the treasure is possible do a little detective work on the iron box he place the treasure in.
I believe that he did what he said, and that's it's hidden in plane site and that some day it will be found probably by a day hiker who was not out looking for the treasure.
When the weather warms up I think That I will take a couple weeks camping vacation to Santa Fe.
So if I do find it...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread