Upgrade for XLT

nick1878

Feb 7, 2005
SE Indiana
Upvote 0

upier

Jan 6, 2005
you sound like the xlt is old

when technology gets so advanced it is hard to improve short of adding bells and whistels

like a car a car is a car then came power steering, brakes and auto transmition but it's still a car

upier

Jan 6, 2005
get a bigger coil white's suppose to have one that is suppose to detect 3' down on coins and 5' +
on bigger deep targets

I do not suggest using that coil in a park or you will start digging water and sprinkler lines along with the rogue gas & power lines

but should work just fine out in the wilderness
per example the whites excelerator deep seeking coil
should be a equivalent for the xlt, just do some research should find what your looking for
"depth"

as the base coil that comes with the whites units are generally good from 0 to 12 inches
depending on what and where your detecting

i dug a ring last week round 6 inches down and coins in the 10" range with the base coil.
if your not getting that try swinging slower and turning up your threshhold

just my opinions and suggestions..
as not all suggestions work out..

good luck

and a P's
useing my mxt on the same weekend. i out hunted my cousin that was using a minelab sovern
he could not find jack.. or Jill for that matter but it may be cus he was walking behind me a bit ::)

upier

Jan 6, 2005
$149.95
Blue Max 15" Search Coil (6.59 kHz)
Fits XLT, 6000XL, QXT, IDX, ID, CL III, 5900. Designed for larger metal items, relics, groups of coins, etc. Three feet plus on larger masses of metal.
P/N 801-3201
off white's web page
maybe see if you can borrow one from a bud and try it before spending the green just to see how it pans out

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Nick I have also used a XLT for a while and nothing seems to come close to it as far as I am concerned. I just got the DFX and I do not think that it gets any more depth than the XLT But I have not had time to really tune it yet as I have only used it for 3 weeks about 11 times. The DFX has better target separation than the XLT and you will not dig many or any iron targets at all. If depth is all you want then I would say go with a bigger coil. If the area you want to detect is trashy the bigger coil will probably not do you any good.

OP
OP
nick1878

nick1878

Feb 7, 2005
SE Indiana
Thanks for all the input. I know all about the bigger coil = greater depth. I also knew the XLT was the best of the best when I bought it and it still rivals todyas newest machines. Just want to increase my odds. Thanks guys

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread