Tenderfoot
May 11, 2017
Sofia
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250,
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi guys ive been doing metal detecting for a few years now and i love it. It all started when i bought an old Garrett ACE 250. It was a nice machine but after i leaned how to MD i decided that it was time for me to upgrade and i bought an AT pro. It was a lot better than the entry level machine but now i think that the AT pro has its limitations and also many people seem to hate them. So im from Bulgaria and the soil in here is really mineralise all over which is a problem for the AT pro i think. I went to the mountains today. It was really rainy and the ground was all wet. I tried to GB and it balanced at 93. But the MD was acting very strange. When i faced the coil towards the air it started picking up signals and it wouldnt stop. At the end of every swing i heard it pick up a faint signal. So Im starting to think that this aint the best detector for me. Ok so it might have been the bad weather but i still think its a shallow detecor. Can anyone give me advice on a upgrade? What would be a better detector for about $500-$700?

Upvote 0

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab equinox 600

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to wait a few weeks. I heard a rumor a Garrett AT PRO 2 is coming out soon. I don't know much about the machine. The AT pro series has sure found a lot of good stuff over the years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread