Upping my weekly dime searching

capitalfun8

Dec 6, 2011
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi

I was thinking of upping my dime boxes to 12 per week. I was wondering how do most people dump dimes. I was once dumping maybe 2 boxes per bank once a week but after a few weeks of dumping in that matter I was getting weird questions and also one vault teller said she has so many boxes her vault was full and why I couldnt take them back from the bank I originally bought them from. I was wondering if you use the coin lock bags or some sort of change counting machine when doing so much volume per week or you capable of bringing in looked thru boxes for new unopened boxes.

My goal was to dump 6 boxes at each bank that had a coin counter. I tested two banks for a few months and havent been short changed or even counted any dimes as pennies tho I have found a few coin counters that do in fact count some dimes as pennies which I never go to dump any change anymore in fear of gettting screwed.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Dumping $3k in dimes a week may not seem like much to some, but try and relay that to a vault teller. Sometimes I dump in $500 coin-loks, but not more than about a grand a week at one location, randomnly. Other times I use a counter that holds 2 $500 bags, and try to fill no more than one bag per visit. It's only a hobby for me and I don't want to wear out my welcome. Good luck

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dumping $3k in dimes a week may not seem like much to some, but try and relay that to a vault teller. Sometimes I dump in $500 coin-loks, but not more than about a grand a week at one location, randomnly. Other times I use a counter that holds 2 $500 bags, and try to fill no more than one bag per visit. It's only a hobby for me and I don't want to wear out my welcome. Good luck

If you guys are running that kind of dime volume, what are your search to silver rosie ratio? How many keepers do you average in 3K in dimes?

HH

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, it appears that 1-2 per box would be a long term average. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread