UPS drops insurance for spouses due to Obamacare

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Do you have insurance through your spouse who works for UPS? Don’t expect to be insured much longer. UPS has confirmed that they are officially canceling the insurance policies offered to spouses of employees.

From CNN Money:

United Parcel Service is planning to drop 15,000 workers’ spouses from its health insurance plan, citing higher costs due to Obamacare.
In an undated memo to employees, UPS*said it will discontinue coverage for all working spouses who are eligible for insurance with their own employer. That applies to about 15,000 spouses covered by UPS today.

The internal document was obtained by Kaiser Health News.*UPS told the nonprofit news agency that the policy applies only to non-union U.S. workers.*It hasn’t responded to questions from CNNMoney.

In the memo,*UPS said it’s willing to take care of its own, but it won’t bear a burden that other companies can take on.

...Most of the company’s workers, such as delivery workers and truck drivers, are unionized through the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and receive insurance under a different plan.

UPS blamed the move on several aspects of Obamacare, including mandatory coverage for dependent children up to age 26 and new government fees.

"We are making these changes to offset cost increases due to the [Affordable Care Act]," the memo states.

Interesting that it’s only the non-union members.

We knew it was just a matter of time before big companies began whittling away at the healthcare benefits of their employees. Just wait until this starts happening en masse.

http://poorrichardsnews.com/post/68805979010/ups-drops-insurance-for-spouses-due-to-obamacare

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would expect smart business ppl concerned about their bottom line to do less? Gotta make them CEO's millions, don't ya know how it goes?
Better wake up folks! Your employer, your church and your government, don't no more care about you, than if you were to just drop dead!
If you ain't taking care of you and yours....... who do you think cares Enough to take that job over?
Get real............

jhapes78

Greenie
Oct 19, 2013
Ks
Detector(s) used
E trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Do you have insurance through your spouse who works for UPS? Don’t expect to be insured much longer. UPS has confirmed that they are officially canceling the insurance policies offered to spouses of employees.

From CNN Money:

United Parcel Service is planning to drop 15,000 workers’ spouses from its health insurance plan, citing higher costs due to Obamacare.
In an undated memo to employees, UPS*said it will discontinue coverage for all working spouses who are eligible for insurance with their own employer. That applies to about 15,000 spouses covered by UPS today.

The internal document was obtained by Kaiser Health News.*UPS told the nonprofit news agency that the policy applies only to non-union U.S. workers.*It hasn’t responded to questions from CNNMoney.

In the memo,*UPS said it’s willing to take care of its own, but it won’t bear a burden that other companies can take on.

...Most of the company’s workers, such as delivery workers and truck drivers, are unionized through the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and receive insurance under a different plan.

UPS blamed the move on several aspects of Obamacare, including mandatory coverage for dependent children up to age 26 and new government fees.

"We are making these changes to offset cost increases due to the [Affordable Care Act]," the memo states.

Interesting that it’s only the non-union members.

We knew it was just a matter of time before big companies began whittling away at the healthcare benefits of their employees. Just wait until this starts happening en masse.

Poor Richard's News - UPS drops insurance for spouses due to Obamacare
how come he hasn't been #@%**% yet

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty simple answer really. A huge percentage of the people who voted for him in the first place get free health insurance and none of this affects them. He's not stupid ya know.. Incompetent sure, but not stupid..

Yea...its all a business to him..he has his band of sheep that follow him..for what reason??..I have no idea.
I will never forgot the horrible day he was Inaugrated on TV...they were asking people in the crowd a real simple question " Why did you vote for obama"...the answers were priceless..The people knew nothing about Politics...I bet half the people couldnt tell you the Capital of the USA...and they were standing in it!

Im just glad I dont see those Stupid Azzzz Gold Plated looking T-shirts with his face on it anymore.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Yea...its all a business to him..he has his band of sheep that follow him..for what reason??..I have no idea.
I will never forgot the horrible day he was Inaugrated on TV...they were asking people in the crowd a real simple question " Why did you vote for obama"...the answers were priceless..The people knew nothing about Politics...I bet half the people couldnt tell you the Capital of the USA...and they were standing in it!

Im just glad I dont see those Stupid Azzzz Gold Plated looking T-shirts with his face on it anymore.
Yeah I watched a few of the you tube videos... "how do you feel about the fact that Mitt Romney is half Black" ? Well race isn't an issue with me.... "What about the fact that his running mate Paul Ryan is a Muslim" ? Nope I don't vote based on their religion either.. LMAO... These are the people who voted for Obummer.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty simple answer really. A huge percentage of the people who voted for him in the first place get free health insurance and none of this affects them. He's not stupid ya know.. Incompetent sure, but not stupid..

They are finding out It's not free, they still have to pay the 30% and out of pocket is still high and they don't get subsidies for that.

Others who thought it would be cheap are finding out they don't quality for subsidies and the cost is very high for bad coverage. Many doctors want accept lucifercare either...

I am advising all my family that they are fools if they sign up on top of which there is no security on the website. Your giving more personal info than you ever gave to anyone else on an unsecured website that can be hacked by novice hackers...

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I overheard a conversation at the local grocery store at lunch today. It has a union, and the chain announced it was dropping all health insurance and they are going on strike. Like I said, I overheard it, but it sounds like the beginning of the future.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Lots of companies are switching to part time help as well. My son has been out pounding the bricks looking for a job and everywhere he applies he gets the same story. Due to Obummercare they are only hiring part time help at this time. THIS is what's going on out there in the real world. Meanwhile the resident apologists are denying there's a problem. They sound like the Captain of the Titanic.. "everything is fine, just keep dancing"

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I watched a few of the you tube videos... "how do you feel about the fact that Mitt Romney is half Black" ? Well race isn't an issue with me.... "What about the fact that his running mate Paul Ryan is a Muslim" ? Nope I don't vote based on their religion either.. LMAO... These are the people who voted for Obummer.

HaHa priceless!!!

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This just in: UPS cuts hours and benefits to employee spouses to pad its profit margin. Full story at 10.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This just in: UPS cuts hours and benefits to employee spouses to pad its profit margin. Full story at 10.
So, what's your point...oh I see, profit is an ugly word to libs. But, if there's no profit, how does the government raise the money it needs? Oh, yeah...they just print it...no problem. So UPS has a choice...spend the money for O-Care, or make a profit.
Jim

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In At 10!!! UPS trying to keep from declaring bankruptcy after Federal regulations, Unions bleed the company with no regard for their own welfareand future!

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the left it is always anybody's else's fault BUT bo...

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread