Prospecting
OP
OP
D

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Yes, dowsing does not work and yet many people still believe it does. ONE MILLION USA DOLLARS for the first person who can show dowsing works, and most true believers don't even go and get it: that suggests they know dowsing does not work, even as they believe it does. Humans are weird.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Desertphile: Have you personally tried dowsing for anything? If not, why not?

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
Oh boy. Here we go again. SWR must have bitten several people before his teeth fell out. Dang it. Let me cover the next posts real quick. If dowsing works where is the proof?? Well those photos of finds are fake. Why don't you take Carl's or the unmazing Randi's challenge and prove it?? These cute little questions have been answered MANY times before. Just because someone does not like the answer, doesn't mean it is false.
I'll admit that dowsing is not 100% accurate on all targets. Heck one dowser on here missed a 4 in. long target by a foot. Maybe we should flog him.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can only wish they were fake, but they are not. No need to be fake. The proof is not and will never be found in the challenges of Carl's or Randi's case. They maintain that dowsing must perform like that of a metal detector run on batteries. That is like saying that to prove a car works, the car must fly like an Airplane, simple because they are both made of metals and both have wheels touching the ground. Both dowsing and electronic metal detectors detect metals but by different means and methods.

For a dowser to take the challenge as prescribed by Randi and Carl is like challenging to show how a car flies like an airplane. It just won't happen, even if the car is pushed over a high cliff. So if I were to demonstrate dowsing it will be on all my terms and mine alone, from start to finish, and not on the terms of someone else and that challenge they will not and cannot afford to accept because they know it is a given that they will lose their money for sure if they do.

In short, because of the nature of dowsing, the proof of whether it works or not will be for that person who tries it.

Now, since I have explained why I would not take Carl or Randi's challenge as prescribed by them, please explain why skeptics won't pick up a simple pair of coat hangers, bend them into an "L" shape and try dowsing?

Detectore!

Mar 21, 2013
Brazil
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Propointer Teknetks Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do not know why these polemics with wands, I keep finding things with my detector... and who uses wands keep saying they find treasures (i never see someone finding things with these devices...)

...if they find nothing they are leaving more for me!, and if they finding good for them!

dowsers

Mar 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, dowsing does not work and yet many people still believe it does. ONE MILLION USA DOLLARS for the first person who can show dowsing works, and most true believers don't even go and get it: that suggests they know dowsing does not work, even as they believe it does. Humans are weird.
There are many things out there you can not prove without a doubt, things just aren't as black and white as that, the million dollars is to prove without a doubt...

Prospecting P.

Mar 1, 2013
Port Townsend - Tacoma, Washington
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ive found water and buried power lines dowsing but never treasure, never tried. The person that showed me how to do dowsing worked for the power company and that's where they learnd it and still use it.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many skeptics say that if you do not find treasure only while dowsing, then it must not work. Well, crying out loud, on some days when I went metal detecting with my Bounty Hunter Tracker IV electronic metal detector, all I found was junk. Therefore, does that mean it must not work? Since when is finding "Treasure" and treasure only, the sole and only thing that dowsing is supposed to find in order to be accepted as a valid form of metal detecting?

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
I can't remember how many photos I have posted of some finds, or that other people have, not important, but they have been posted.

Let's keep this real simple. IF you start posting large finds, you will find some very unpleasant results. Any of you that don't understand what I mean, simply don't have a clue and NEVER will. Now, those of you that persist, have a reason, and are likely one of those unpleasant results or your IQ equals your shoe size while you are a legend in your own mind. Notice I said YOUR mind. If you were to win Carl's or Randi's challenge you would become a big target. How many people would want the info and how far would they go to get it?? What evil lurkes in the hearts of men,, the Shadow knows.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't remember how many photos I have posted of some finds, or that other people have, not important, but they have been posted.

Let's keep this real simple. IF you start posting large finds, you will find some very unpleasant results. Any of you that don't understand what I mean, simply don't have a clue and NEVER will. Now, those of you that persist, have a reason, and are likely one of those unpleasant results or your IQ equals your shoe size while you are a legend in your own mind. Notice I said YOUR mind. If you were to win Carl's or Randi's challenge you would become a big target. How many people would want the info and how far would they go to get it?? What evil lurkes in the hearts of men,, the Shadow knows.

Becoming a target for good or ill on a massive scale is not the reason for not taking on the Randi or Carl challenge as dowsing cannot be proven through their criteria. Their criteria fits the electronic metal detectors. I will show anyone who wants to watch, and pay me these large amounts of money, that dowsing works but it will be, from start to finish, on my terms only, not theirs. They watch only.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Gee guys..The object of the test is for the Paranormal, Pseudoscientific and Supernormal…If you passed the test guess what….You have proved that Dowsing is not Paranormal, Pseudoscientific or Supernormal…No dollars or anything…Art

treidm

Mar 10, 2013
Leavenworth, Kansas
Detector(s) used
~MineLab Explorer XS~
~10.5” DD, 8" Concentric~
~Sun Ray X-1 Target Probe~
~GreyGhost Nugget Buster NDT~
~ML XT 18000 - 10" Elliptical DD~
~Lesche Tools & Brunton 15TDCL Compass~
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive found water and buried power lines dowsing but never treasure, never tried. The person that showed me how to do dowsing worked for the power company and that's where they learnd it and still use it.

In the old days we would use two #4 copper wires in "L" shape and we were able to find buried metal pipes/lines also. It does work if done properly, but I don't think it would work as well for smaller objects, since it finds the small differences in the magnetic field in the ground, which in a sense could be thought of as small electrical currents

I'll stick to electronic metal detecting

​....Reid

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gee guys..The object of the test is for the Paranormal, Pseudoscientific and Supernormal…If you passed the test guess what….You have proved that Dowsing is not Paranormal, Pseudoscientific or Supernormal…No dollars or anything…Art

I agree. Dowsing is pseudo..., super..., and para.... only to those who start out with a preconceived notion or definition about it. In doing so, they often deny themselves the chance to discover, for themselves, that it is quite normal. I guess to some, that is a very difficult step to take.

Mitch Dickson

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have much tollerance for the "Amazing Randis" of this world. The people that have beat his game are tasked harder and harder and even if he gets 20 right and 1 wrong, they will not pay him! You see I do not believe he really has the money to pay, and if he did his "professional sceptic life" would end. He has been beaten several times but will not admit it! To join him is not to be in good company.

Now where is "I don't see so I won't believe" comming from? You don't see electricity either do you? Yet don't you use it every day? Can you, out of hand, deny it's existance because you can't see it? You can't see TV waves but can you deny that Television waves exist? Dowsing is the same.

Some of you post innocent quaries and maps and pictures, and others do this with ill intent of "See I knew you couldn't do it" attitude. No real dowser will answer your call and those that do have not the skills to overcome your interference. Remember that there is no defense against the skills of a master dowser. Not only can he find you, he could easily introduce you to ever rattlesnake, scorpion, and fire ant in a 20 mile radius! Just think about the power to actually move underground streams of water with just the mind! Yet this is done every day by dowsers.

It is perfectly OK to be sceptical, we have a whole state full of them in Missouri :) Vendetta against those that have neither caused or mean you any harm is something else.

neighbors75

May 5, 2012
Ironton, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Grand Master Hunter CX III,

Garrett Ultra GTA 1000,

Whites coinmaster classic.

Whites Coinmaster 2/D TR- Discriminator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there skeptical,

I can honestly say dowsing doe,s work, found buried electrical power lines at work a few years ago, our electrician allowed me to locate the lines, I did not know
anything about using them, I currently have a pair and being the uneducated scientist I plan to experiment. Attempting to locate minerals with them.

AbTexEx

Nov 27, 2008
America's Dairyland
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
a million dollars

pshaw

The wherewithal to find...

Anything, inanimate or not with uncanny discrimination
At any place, no matter the distance
And existed in the past,
is in the present or will be in the future

priceless

AJones

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing is divination. Demonic spirits are called when you use those rods to find stuff. There is nothing special about the rods, you can use a bent coat hanger. It's the intent of the user that gives it power. Very dangerous.

Just like a quiji board, your intentention to call upon demons, and then demonic spirits move the planchette around the board.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~Mekong Mike~
Dowsing is divination. Demonic spirits are called when you use those rods to find stuff. There is nothing special about the rods, you can use a bent coat hanger. It's the intent of the user that gives it power. Very dangerous.

Just like a quiji board, your intentention to call upon demons, and then demonic spirits move the planchette around the board.
False

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions