US marked .22 Caliber

Wiebner

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2013
I dug this dropped .22 caliber bullet today. I was surprised to see US stamped on the end. I thought at first it might be military, but google pointed me to the US Cartridge Company. It looks like it has been in the ground since at least the 1920s. Considering this is only my second hunt and I am still just practicing I am pretty pumped about it.

Of course, any clarification to my above info is totally welcome since I really don't know much of anything about guns or ammo.

Attachments

• image-3878596978.jpg
    image-3878596978.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 84
  • image-2703384172.jpg
    image-2703384172.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0

Ruchman

Mar 14, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find!!! i have found a number of those in the woods haven't a .22 short yet kind. I've been on the hunt for other makers found some western and montgumary wards shells too. Sounds like you ID'ed the shell quick. The link below is a quick reference for any more shell finds. Cool find again!!
Usrim

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I second cool find
thumbs_up.gif

OP
OP
W

Wiebner

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2013
Cool find!!! i have found a number of those in the woods haven't a .22 short yet kind. I've been on the hunt for other makers found some western and montgumary wards shells too. Sounds like you ID'ed the shell quick. The link below is a quick reference for any more shell finds. Cool find again!!
Usrim

Great reference, thanks! I am very new to this, so any help you have is awesome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions