Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
The US is again taking up the issue of cheaper coins, citing
for example the 1.7-cent cast of making a penny, and the 10-cent
cost for the nickel.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/nation/5611692.html

"A House subcommittee chaired by Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., convened a hearing Tuesday on a proposal to change the composition of both coins. Republicans and Democrats like the concept, particularly its promise to save taxpayers $100 million a year by using cheaper metals at the U.S. Mint. If the legislation clears the House and Senate and President Bush signs it, you could be plucking steel pennies off the street before year's end."

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They should make them out of political moral fiber. Can't get cheaper than that.

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I vote replacing nickels with pull tabs, pennys with buttons, for dimes we could say toy cars, quarters with old bottle caps...HH LOL
8)

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Public moral fibre is quite abundant.Problem is that it is so thin,like cheap toilet paper,that you can't put much faith in it fulfilling it's job.

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RHoward said:
Another $100,000,000 for the Iraq war!!! ???

A hundred million for Iraq!!! That's not gonna do much

Heck I'm only an E6 and i've spend $753,281,890.72 just on funding the construction projects I'm responsible for developing and tracking. And that's just me and two other people in one unit. A hundred Mill is chump change over here. heck this is costing 12 Bill....per WEEK.

So everybody get the libs and the media to look the other way for a few months so we can knock some sense into these non-committal jokers in line over here so they take charge of their dang country and we can get outta here......my great grandkids are gonna be paying for this one and they won't even be born for at least 20 more years!

And no, just picking up and running away from this place and leaving it hanging isn't gonna cut it, despite what HillyBilly and Barack Osama say along with their fellow commune residents.

Besides, I just talked to KBR and they said we couldn't go home yet because there's still quite a few nickels for them to milk out of this place yet.

ON THE SUBJECT OF THE POST:

If they change the composition, then does that mean that they're gonnna lift the melt ban on pennies and nickels? I have 2-quart beer growlers full of copper pennies and nickels just waiting to get turned in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions