"US" Rosette Dug Yesterday UPDATE !Seems to be Civil War... ;-)

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
"US" Rosette Dug Yesterday UPDATE !Seems to be Civil War... ;-)

Here is a US Rosette I dug yesterday at the 1748 homestead I am hunting. I also dug a three ringer and a flatten three ringer. These were all dug within 50 yards or so of the US Eagle plate I dug last week. Really hard to hunt since the grass is knee high but sparse enough to use the 12" coil to push through. I was not able to find this exact Rosette in the relic books.. but there are a lot of styles.. it measures 1 3/4" across and is stamped brass with a lead fill on the back. Iron hooks rusted away.

MonkeyBoy

I post the pic over in What is it? and the general opinions seem to be Civil War given it is lead filled... plus since it was mixed in with other CW items.. I'll color this one done!!

MonkeyBoy

Attachments

• rosette.JPG
    rosette.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 484
Upvote 0

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "US" Rosette Dug Yesterday

Nice Monkeyboy. Great buckle find.

SKD

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

crazyjarhead said:
Any idea on the age?

I am starting to wonder... I found some "close" in the the Western Theater relic book.. but they look quite different then the ones all listed in Couch's book. I could not find one like it looking for later Rosettes either but I have not spent a lot of time on it.. went digging instead. I found that if it rains really, really hard... I get really, really wet and if I am really, really far from my Jeep.. I get really, really, really, really wet. ;-) but my machine has not been this clean in months!!!

MonekyBoy

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

MonkeyBoy said:
I found that if it rains really, really hard... I get really, really wet and if I am really, really far from my Jeep.. I get really, really, really, really wet. ;-) but my machine has not been this clean in months!!!

MonekyBoy

Really? :tard: :tongue3:

Mark...congrats on another cool relic. I hope it's worth the big bucks! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

Mona Lisa said:
MonkeyBoy said:
I found that if it rains really, really hard... I get really, really wet and if I am really, really far from my Jeep.. I get really, really, really, really wet. ;-) but my machine has not been this clean in months!!!

MonekyBoy

Really? :tard: :tongue3:

Mark...congrats on another cool relic. I hope it's worth the big bucks! :thumbsup:

really.. really...

Thanks... still trying to date this one... does not match up to anything in any of the books I have.. it's close.. but a bit off.. so might be a later surplus piece in use on the farm?? not sure.. but I like it!!! ;-)

MonkeyBoy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread