USB microscope camera official thread

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Starting this thread because someone posted some really cool pictures using a USB microscope. I decided to buy one and while searching Mac supported devices I only came up with one option. The AGPtek USB 800x digital. It was available on EBay as well as Amazon. Since the price was the same I went Amazon. Shipped quick which is typical for Amazon :) but it doesn't work.

The Mac software doesn't work. I glanced at the reviews but didn't really read them because it could find no other options.. Well those reviews said the Mac software was bad...lol.

Anyways I'd like to see what others are using and especially if there is a Mac option.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    990.9 KB · Views: 208
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    878.6 KB · Views: 220
Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah.... It's been a while since I've had time to do any shots. I've been grinding magnetic materials down in my rod mill (little by slowly) and have built up a pretty good stock of fine gold in the freed non-magnetic materials which I will amalgamate soon. Once that's done and I've run the amalgam through the retort I want to get some shots of the sponge with the microscope to add to this collection. I think it would be different for sure.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome pictures! Keep em coming!

oooldman

Feb 12, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Whites coinmaster, Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Other
the Dino-lite is a fantastic camera microscope
i borrowed one from a friend niow im going to search for a deal on one

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not USB but macro 2014-11-01 00.04.07.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread