1.4 MB · Views: 99
Upvote 15
OP
OP
D

Don Lewis

Apr 28, 2024
So where did you get this one from? Nice collection
A friend of mine in his 90’s He started looking for arrow heads back in the 1940’s. He just told me it was an Indian pipe and he said he’s found several over the years he gave this one to me. He has the largest collection of artifacts I’ve ever seen.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a nice big point too, you find that trilobite? Is it pyritized if I spelled that right. Signs pretty cool too don’t know a lot about them but I get the sense it could be around 100yrs or so

OP
OP
D

Don Lewis

Apr 28, 2024
That’s a nice big point too, you find that trilobite? Is it pyritized if I spelled that right. Signs pretty cool too don’t know a lot about them but I get the sense it could be around 100yrs or so
Thanks! The trilobite was a gift from a friend.

OP
OP
D

Don Lewis

Apr 28, 2024
That pipe is very nice. It looks like a classic Hopewell pipe. What state did your friend collect in?
He told me he collected artifacts in many different states. He drew himself a map of all the areas he found stuff. Which I thought was a pretty cool idea. His basement was filled with boxes and buckets of artifacts some of his better stuff he kept in frames hung on the wall. His house looked like a museum. But he collected for many years. Truly an amazing man to talk to.

OP
OP
D

Don Lewis

Apr 28, 2024
Did he say he found everything or did he purchase artifacts too?
I know he did a lot of arrow head hunting when he was younger. And enjoyed showing his collection to others. And shared all of his knowledge with whom ever asked. Just a good guy. I never thought to ask him if he bought artifacts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread