moon 1.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 309
  • moon2.jpg
    moon2.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 310
  • moon3.jpg
    moon3.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 310
Yea, I see the face. Love that 3rd shot. Now, I did try your technique, I was seeing a beautiful view between the pines tree...took 3 shots and all are very blurry. Oh, well.

;)RR

CG,
Nice going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You HAVE TO enter #3 in some kind of contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks folks! I like #3 myself, kinda spooky. River I'm sorry it's not working out for you, what kind of zoom do you have on your camera?

Beautiful pic's, I borrowed a telescope from Scotto,
& 'wowed ' my grandkids with the full moon.

Fossis..........

Dang Fossis, now I'll have to get the telescope out and see if I can get a shot through that :D. Ty wanted to try it out anyways, so maybe more shots tonight if it stays clear.

Thanks sis!

Country Girls Dad said:
That's my kid! See always makes her Dad proud.......

I just bet she does too! Glad to see you made your first post Dad! See?! It wasn't that bad! ;)

Nice shots...
I tried to take a few shots of the solar eclipse the other night, but my 5.2 MP camera just wouldn't focus in on it...

Hey CG...your Dad is for real! Just read his post. Welcome CG's Dad ;D

The third pic is the best...shows you are starting to recognize the value of different perspectives with the camera. Keep posting those beauties!

Like father......like daughter ;). Love ya!

The tri-pod was the key to these pictures. I am SERIOUS when I say exhale and the picture is junk. I'm trying to figure out how to fit the tri-pod in my purse :-\. My camera goes every where, any ideas? :D

CG, if you want a tripod that goes everywhere, check out the Manfrotto 709-B Digi Table Top Tripod. They look pretty well made.
Log on to www.CalumetPhotographic.com they have them for around $33.00.

I've been using a Leica Table Top Tripod with a ball head for the past 25-years (very well made). . . that would be my first choice but, I believe they've stopped production. . . maybe you could find a used one on e-bay.

Take care,
watercolor

It is funny to me that we (Western culture) see a face or a man in the moon.

I'm familiar with the Japanese story of "The Moon Rabbit" or "Tsuki no Usagi". Other cultures around the world have also seen the rabbit in the moon.

I took this from a web page:

usagi.jpg

To the Japanese, the image is of a rabbit pounding sticky rice in a mortar to make rice cakes. The Chinese have a story about the rabbit trying to create the elixir of immortality. From India to Japan, there is a story about how a deity (Indra, Buddha, Lord of Heaven, etc.) disguised himself as an old beggar. He came upon a monkey, a fox, and a rabbit. He said he was starving and asked them for something to eat. The monkey and fox were able to find some tidbits for the old man to eat, but the rabbit could not find any. So he jumped into the fire and cooked himself for the old man to eat. The old man returns to his original form and puts the rabbit in the moon for all eternity as a reward for his selflessness.

DCMatt

Great story. I had never heard that before. I will always see the rabbit in the moon now. Thanks so much for sharing Matt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back