cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe they've been discontinued by Garrett, so, keep that in mind. It's a PI machine and not a VLF like your Safari, so, you'll be digging lots of iron targets as a result. Being waterproof is a plus if you like to surf hunt, otherwise, I would stick with the Safari on land or beach/wet sand. A good price is anyone's guess. I think they were about $1200 new when they were last available. Check our vendors to see if any of them have a used one in stock. Otherwise I'd hit your local Craigslist or Ebay to get an idea of price and availability.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Pm sent. Some like the LS but I could really never get adjusted to the low-high high-low return on targets.

I did a video of Ron Lord using his 2009, Also a detecting video several years before Youtube video's took off.

Last edited:

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I Always loved that video. I started the hobby in 2009 and it was that video that got me so enthusiastic to find treasure in the water. Lord of the rings he is indeed! ...OBN you are a ring lord yourself.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They show up on ebay fairly often, you should find a decent deal there. Like stated above, they are PI detectors which means they have no true discrimination but they will punch deep through wet salt sand or highly mineralized soil. I like the fact that there are many coil options for them, making them fairly versatile. The machine is waterproof to 200 feet but some of the optional coils are not so you have to make sure you have the right coil if you dive with it.

Last edited:

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked have one. Bought it two seasons ago and used it twice. I never got the hang of it. I wonder what they are going for these days?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure wish our surf was as mild as that! That's like hunting in a lake! Our surf will beat you up just about any time of year.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I sure wish our surf was as mild as that! That's like hunting in a lake! Our surf will beat you up just about any time of year.
Ron hunts on the Gulf side so it's not as bad as ocean front.. But you have to remember also, each has it's perks. That's what I like about the Chesapeake Bay, the Dynamics is from one extreme to the other. I do find I do best when it's calm and wait to hunt those days..

One of the craziest place I've ever hunted was Chicago. The Big Lake, lake = calm water...You would think.

19 footers..
OBN0335.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread