Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it's your first detector it may not be the one you ought to start with.

OP
OP
P

Prospector54

Jan 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Garrett AT pro and gold and was thinking of expanding to a pulse induction machine. I'm sure there is a huge difference in the learning curve.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It depends on what you wish to use it for. They excel in salt water and heavily mineralized soil like the red clay in VA. Also used with success gold nugget hunting in CA. There are some youtube videos of people using them that you can watch. They are pulse induction, about the deepest type of machine available but they have little to no accurate discrimination so you will likely dig a lot of iron trash. A lot depends on your patience level and if you are already a dig every target kind of hunter. I got mine for $750 with three coils. They have been made for some time so age may play a part in value and you can always send it in to Garrett for a check-up for a reasonable fee.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Prospector54

Jan 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I meeting up with the guy tomorrow and he doesn't know how old it is but we settled on 625. I just have to test it out now.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You can pick up a Whites Surfmaster for about $350. It is a good PI that is very easy to use. Just set the two knobs to the preset position and hunt. it will go down 4' for large objects. I have had mine for 15 years with no problems and a lot of expensive jewelry finds, and some nugget finds. If the guy doesn't know how old it is, it might be 'hot'. just a thought. Frank

OP
OP
P

Prospector54

Jan 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello again, today i met with the guy with the Garrett infinium LS. I think i did alright i did a inspection on all of the coils and the machine and everything worked well on it, the only thing is it had some surface sand on it and shows a little wear tear. He was asking 850 originally but i spoke to him on the phone and got him down to 625 and it came with a bag and the headphones. it belonged to his son and he used it lightly and didn't like the hobby (:dontknow::icon_scratch:???). So how did i do?

Attachments

• IMG_1863.JPG
    IMG_1863.JPG
    1,008.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1864.JPG
    IMG_1864.JPG
    701.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1868.JPG
    IMG_1868.JPG
    804.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1865.JPG
    IMG_1865.JPG
    912.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1866.JPG
    IMG_1866.JPG
    935.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You won't know untill you use it ! Your have to let us know.:)

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really happy for you, you found a real beauty and saved a heck of a lot money. I hope I can do the same. Let me know how the learning curve goes. Hope your weather is good enough to dig to try it out. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
P

Prospector54

Jan 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the help and good wishes. last night i ordered coil covers,lithium ion batteries,new grey ghost amphibian headphones and a new lower shaft(the lower shaft was bit crusty). i should be able to get out this week.i will let you know how it goes.thanks steve:occasion14:

OP
OP
P

Prospector54

Jan 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a chance to use the infinium LS today and wow it works great, I started using the AT pro and switched half way through and I loved using the infinium. Unfortunately the cold is coming in and my days of detecting are coming to a close. I found a couple bullet shells and a old clasp of some sort all over 8 inches down. Next I'm going to line up a few outing for spring and look forward to getting out again. Thanks Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread