Used my finger as a dollar detector

Bluezman

Apr 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage
It all started out yesterday morning when I broke my french press coffee pot. With no coffee in me, I knew it was going to be a bad day.

I had to paint my (3 car) garage, and there was no getting out of it. Luckily I own a decent paint sprayer (1 gal. every 3 min.) and it works pretty good. It's got a 50 foot hose so I just kept spraying across the front, around the corner, and down the side.

I was almost to the end of the side wall as I pulled a little more slack from the hose and heard the spray pump sucking air. I knew by that sound that I had overturned the sprayer and bucket of paint because I should still have about 1 1/2 gals. left. I ran for it, but still lost about a 1/2 gal. onto the grass.

So making a long story a little longer, I had to make a run to the paint store for more paint. I get there, pull into the parking lot, open the car door and there on the ground is a dollar bill looking at me saying "pick me up, please". So I obliged and then headed on in and got my paint.

I'm putting the paint in my trunk wondering if that lonesome dollar bill had any friends in the area, so I wet my index finger and hold it up to see which way the wind is blowing and start looking. Sure enough, 2 of his buddies were two cars down in the parking lot.

It made me feel a little better about how the day was going.

Bluezman

Attachments

• PaintLot.JPG
    PaintLot.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 641
Upvote 0

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Now that treasure the easy way!! Have done that a few times myself! Congrats!

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Bluezman..........you can also be called the weatherman today! Nice tactic!

R

RUDY2003

Great recovery! Too bad they didn't have any big brothers.....

Keep safe...

OP
OP
Bluezman

Bluezman

Apr 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
RUDY2003 said:
Great recovery! Too bad they didn't have any big brothers.....

I was hoping for something with a couple of zeros on it, but like I said, it wasn't really my day.

It seems that I've lost a day, because the replacement glass for my coffee pot came today, and no one's that fast, so I looked at the receipt for the paint and this all happened on Monday. Yesterday must have been really boring.

Today the weather channel says flood watch in my area.
At least I'm able to have my coffee.

Bluezman

every day I have the blues

melnatcat

Mar 9, 2005
Central Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the lesson in whichdirectiondiditgo!! Nice little find...kind of makes up a bit for the lost paint! HH melnatcat

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Are you shure they weren't yours to start with? ;D They may have fallen out as you opened the door? ??? ??? ???

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
A lot of times... "where there's one, there's more", obviously your subscibe, so way to go, congrats on the good eye and easy money. Too bad they weren't 20's. Maybe next time. Cool post!

Smiles!
BDoo

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I think those are mine. I was in that same parking lot, by the way where are You. LOL.

Always remember, any good guy who detects, who isn't watching the ground while walking, isn't worth his Salt.

Great Finds, bet you find lots of buttons that way, non metal ones.

HH, Ringfinder

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thinking to recheck the parking lot. Where theres one theres usually more !! Ron

OP
OP
Bluezman

Bluezman

Apr 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
RGecy said:
Are you shure they weren't yours to start with? ;D They may have fallen out as you opened the door? ??? ??? ???

I'm sure...I don't keep loose bills in my pockets or in the car and I didn't take my ( chain drive ) wallet out until after I entered the store, and then I only used my credit card. The bills are in a separate zippered compartment.

Bluezman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread