frogginfish

Dec 18, 2012
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't let your beagle pup anywhere close to your detector....not unless you want the cable chewed through.

Went out with my stepson yesterday to hunt a school yard that had been around since 1871...walked all over the place...didn't have one chirp. I thought it was strange anyways due to the amount of pull tabs that were probably just under the surface...but it didn't hit me until I swung it over a piece of pipe sticking out of the ground and not one BEEP. After replacing the batteries, I tested it on some pocket change...still nothing. I got to looking over the cable and about midway down, I seen the little bite marks and almost completely severed wire.

Little Satie was not top on my list last night. But...I should have made sure that she couldn't have gotten to it in the first place. Big lesson learned.

Any chance I could splice the wires back without ruining anything? Granted its only a Treasure Hunter All Vision Pro that I'm working with until tax time, it still beeps when it finds metal!

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
I know the feeling Frogginfish. We have two ten month old pug puppies. You can see one of the little turds on my avatar. If I had to replace everything they have chewed up since we got them, I would hate to imagine what it would cost. But we love the little critters and the chew in' phase is about over, thankfully! Hopefully you can splice the wires back. If you do please post some pictures of the wires, I'd like to see what they look like. Thanks and good luck.

OP
OP
frogginfish

frogginfish

Dec 18, 2012
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I am at work at the moment (really working hard...lol) But I will take a pic of tomorrow and post it. Thanks

OP
OP
frogginfish

frogginfish

Dec 18, 2012
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some pics...