USEFULL LED

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When coin shooting it seams that everyday I would find led in one form or another. Sometimes a led weight from a fishing line near a pond, or sometimes a led weight from a car tire rim. The led kept piling up! One day a friend suggested that I turn all of that led into diving weights. Diving weights are quite expensive. He had all of the equipment to melt them down and the proper castings to pore all the melted led into. I had over 100 lbs of led. We shared it 50/50. Since he did all of the work. I painted the weights white and put the right amt. on my diving belt. And everything worked out fine. I sold my underwater detector and all my diving gear including the weights. Bit I do have a few lbs around somewhere.
So when you find led, keep it! You might be able to use it someday.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After buying a new set of tires, 3,000 mile rotation and balancing is free. I had my car tires rotated and balanced on July 3 at a Goodyear store. I watched through the office door's glass window. One tire didn't need anything. On two others, the worker left the old lead weights on and added needed additional weight.... The 4th wheel/tire, the worker took off the old lead weight after the balance machines first spin-up and tapped it on on another part of the wheel and did a runup again...

After the job was completed, as I was handed my reciept, I asked the owner if the weights should have been new ones the shop tech should have used... His reply, "Lead has jumped in price. What lead weights I was getting almost free at $3, now cost me $15. We are reusing everything, now."

With China and Superman needing lead, it looks like even the price of lead is rising....;>)

Bill

YoungGunTHer

Apr 28, 2008
Portsmouth NH
Detector(s) used
MXT
Lead is going for $0.30 a lb. here, in NH.
I have been collecting it for a while now. I will be melting it down into buoy weights. 1 buoy weight is $1.30, and weighs 1 pound. I will sell them a buck a piece. Would i make more if I melted them into diving weights instead?

Young Gun

OP
OP
J

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Young, Yes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions