luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My experience with a very similar sized coil on a different brand gave me good ground coverage, better separation in trash and more resistant to mineralization compared to a standard 9.5" concentric, round coil. It also slips through small spaces easier. Not the deepest, but deep enough for most of my detecting.
luvsdux

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one on a Tejon and it still got 8" dimes and 10" quarters very well...

OP
OP
T

Tesorohunter

Mar 22, 2015
N.C
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for your info

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
A 10" version came standard on my F70 and it is a concentric, my first experience with an elliptical concentric.
All I can say is I think I love the thing.
Goes pretty deep, and I also have seen great target separation and it is easy to maneuver in the woods.
It seems like the scanning field might be a bit different than quite round concentric too.
Almost like the long scanning field on a DD coil.
I know it isn't exactly the same, but it sometime seems like it is.
This widescan is a DD coil so it probably will work even better at all this.
Regarding that great separation, not 10 hours into using the new to me F70 and that coil I found one of my best gold rings ever completely surrounded by trash, and just this past Jan. in a span of 10 days I had that coil on and again it found me 3 more gold rings...2 of them in heavy trash.
I have 2 other coils I usually use on my F70, but after spending time with the elliptical and my recent experiences that coil is rapidly turning into one of my favorites and I will be using it a lot more this year.

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 10" version came standard on my F70 and it is a concentric, my first experience with an elliptical concentric.
All I can say is I think I love the thing.
Goes pretty deep, and I also have seen great target separation and it is easy to maneuver in the woods.
It seems like the scanning field might be a bit different than quite round concentric too.
Almost like the long scanning field on a DD coil.
I know it isn't exactly the same, but it sometime seems like it is.
This widescan is a DD coil so it probably will work even better at all this.
Regarding that great separation, not 10 hours into using the new to me F70 and that coil I found one of my best gold rings ever completely surrounded by trash, and just this past Jan. in a span of 10 days I had that coil on and again it found me 3 more gold rings...2 of them in heavy trash.
I have 2 other coils I usually use on my F70, but after spending time with the elliptical and my recent experiences that coil is rapidly turning into one of my favorites and I will be using it a lot more this year.

Interesting, I believe the 10" elliptical is the only elliptical concentric available. I was previously considering an F5 with this coil. Thanks.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that the lobo has one, but I have seen that they are available for other detectors. What uses does it offer and how could it help someone?

The 10 x 5 has has better target separation. It also "see's" less of the ground mineralization, and (being a DD) handles hot ground better, making it much better for nugget shooting in natural gold bearing ground

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread