Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the link. It is a great resource just to have.
Is it not nice how the gov changed the laws in the years listed in the first few pages.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK, so maybe California needs to understand this

Mining has always been an authorized use ofmost National Forest land in the West. Thelanguage of the original legislation creating andauthorizing the National Forests set forth therights of a mineral locator as essentially thesame as those of a person who locates a claimon other public land. The rights of the mineralclaimant to explore and develop a valid claim onpublic lands open to mineral entry are clearly​
recognized.

OP
OP
B

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is what the PDF for the USFS says about:

" Amateur Prospectors
In recent years, as full-time professional prospectors have almost disappeared from the
scene, amateur prospectors have become far more numerous. To many outside of the mining business it is difficult to distinguish between the two. The publicity, sometimes highly distorted, given to rushes such as the uranium boom of the 1950’s, the convenience of modern off-road vehicles, and the increasing amount of leisure time available to so many, have combined to produce tens of thousands of amateur prospectors. Some of these individuals make great efforts to equip and train themselves, and they are capable of finding prospects worthy of exploration and development.However, the majority of the amateurs are poorly motivated and so lacking in the most rudimentary knowledge that they create difficulties for those seriously engaged in prospecting and exploration. The amateur’s common lack of consideration for the rights of land owners, his abuse of laws and regulations, and his ill-conceived bulldozing of the surface have become so offensive that there is mounting pressure for drastic restrictions on all prospecting and exploration activities. A great deal of wisdom and fine judgment will be required in finding ways to regulate the recreationist prospector while not unduly restricting serious prospectors and geologists upon whom the Nation depends for future mineral discoveries."

Bejay

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hummmm.... sounds like they've been watching "Gold Rush" and the antics of Mr. Hoffman and Co.

I have never seen any of the so called "Amateurs" out running a D-12, but then again I am not able to check out every operation in the west. I'm sure that there have been some people that have gone out and torn up the land in a Hoffmanesque" attempt to find gold. These are the people that give us all a bad name both with the USFS, BLM and the "Greenies".

Every claim owner I know personally takes great care to run a clean operation. It's to their benefit to do so as it keeps the powers that be off our backs. Now I've seen some "club claims" that looked like they had been used as an artillery range because of the unfilled holes left behind. Again, this isn't the way to do it as it only causes problems for the rest of us.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
it's unfortanate, but all professions (archaeologist claim to presver history, 98% of the basements at museums are filled of that history the public never gets to see and some feel entitled to take home ) have thoses that do ruin it for the rest of us, we law biding tax payin hard workin stif suffer the idiots

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread