using a hookah ?????????????

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have extensive experience with scuba and hookah. I used a machine from Kneene Eng, but the ones from J-sink and Brownie are also good though Browies are expensive because of the name.

http://www.airlinebyjsink.com/

Still carry a pony bottle with reg. and I liked a BC for control. Don't forget the dive knives.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be a good idea to take a scuba class, as all the same dangers apply to hookah diving at those depths.

I have been diving for many years, and have used hookah while gold dredging. There are some differences, but more similarities.

Lou from downunder

Mar 16, 2009
Doing a scuba course is sound advice.

But just in case your one of those dudes that for whatever reason won't....

then there's one thing you must never do on compressed air... scuba or hookah or whatever.

DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH!!!! Especially when surfacing.
Not going to go into the ins and outs, just take my word for it.
Ignoring this most important of rules can result in serious injury or horrible death... especially when surfacing!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I use one for freshwater,excellent for the U/W recoveries.Hookahmax is another good name,checkout Ebay for them.Take Sandmans knowledge as gospel on diving!!!!!!I also suggest taking a class on diving,better to be safe than sorry!If this is the way you're going you won't be sorry!GodBless HH Chris

I use one for freshwater,really nice to get to the untouchable spots!Hookahmax is another decent

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread