Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using Divining Rods to Hunt Treasure.... 1933. "Up to Skeptics to Disprove"

Evening star. [volume] (Washington, D.C.), 26 Nov. 1933.

000aaa.jpg
000bbb.jpg
000ccc.jpg

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn83045462/1933-11-26/ed-1/seq-28/

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
W.F. Barrett was one the main contributors to the Psychical Research I mentioned in the other thread. They're pretty good reading if your into that kind of thing.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
W.F. Barrett was one the main contributors to the Psychical Research I mentioned in the other thread. They're pretty good reading if your into that kind of thing.[/QUOTE

Why don't you read the proof we have on this board. It is about the fine Art of Dowsing. No garbage to sort out...Art

Definition of psychical research. : the investigation of phenomena that appear to be contrary to physical laws and that suggest the possibility of mental activity existing apart from body

that part of his job does not work fo us

Last edited:

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
W.F. Barrett was one the main contributors to the Psychical Research I mentioned in the other thread. They're pretty good reading if your into that kind of thing.[/QUOTE

Why don't you read the proof we have on this board. It is about the fine Art of Dowsing. No garbage to sort out...Art

Definition of psychical research. : the investigation of phenomena that appear to be contrary to physical laws and that suggest the possibility of mental activity existing apart from body

that part of his job does not work fo us

Because I also design dowsing rods types for paranormal researchers so I read the articles for other fields . The dowsing part is only minor in my data collection. Certain members are why I can't talk any of the dowsers I work with/hang out with on a normal basis to come here and post.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Because I also design dowsing rods types for paranormal researchers so I read the articles for other fields .[/QUOTE

Then you know the rod work different for each person.
The dowsing part is only minor in my data collection.

Read the board and copy any think you want about Dowsing for treasure

Certain members are why I can't talk any of the dowsers I work with/hang out with on a normal basis to come here and post.

There are a lot of treasure hunting site and also a lot of sites for other kinds of dowsing

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Then you know the rod work different for each person.

Read the board and copy any think you want about Dowsing for treasure

There are a lot of treasure hunting site and also a lot of sites for other kinds of dowsing

Yes I am well aware of the majority of theories of introspective rod function. And there's not much here other methods that were around in my fathers time so they've been in my notes since the 80's. He was a gas, water and oil well dowser in PA and NY in the 50's and 60's and a treasure hunter after he moved to Fl in the 70's. A large part of my early data was also given to me by Carl Anderson.

I'm mostly interested in the finds, emotional states and the perceptions manifested by dowsers at the moment though.

Lost_Adams

Apr 28, 2011
Pacific North West
Detector(s) used
Garrett 70's Ground Hog, 80's Master Hunter III, '96 Scorpion Gold Stinger. 98 Tiger Shark, 07 SD2200V2, '14 TDI SL, Discovery TF 900, 1975 Carl Anderson Dowsing, Magnetometer, Arc Geo Logger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, I guess I'm a little dense as I don't understand what the Question or Challenge is?
icon_scratch.gif

Are you asking the skeptics to Disprove the reported events in the article from 1933??
If so please explain!

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeff, I guess I'm a little dense as I don't understand what the Question or Challenge is?
icon_scratch.gif

Are you asking the skeptics to Disprove the reported events in the article from 1933??
If so please explain!

He was quoting Professor Barrett at the bottom of the article. Professor Barrett is asking skeptics to disprove his theory of metaphysical abilities being the reason dowsing works.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
icon_scratch.gif

If so please explain!

I'm not Asking Anything of Anyone .

Just sharing an Article

Lost_Adams

Apr 28, 2011
Pacific North West
Detector(s) used
Garrett 70's Ground Hog, 80's Master Hunter III, '96 Scorpion Gold Stinger. 98 Tiger Shark, 07 SD2200V2, '14 TDI SL, Discovery TF 900, 1975 Carl Anderson Dowsing, Magnetometer, Arc Geo Logger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how anyone can Disprove how something works, that is a like disproving the Sun comes up each morning for a Cave Man. They don't have the Knowledge or Insterments to make measurements of the phenomenon. They don't question it, they just enjoy it.

I equate all this Skeptical Disbelief that abounds to Fear of The Unknown. This was shown in the late 1800's by the Competition between Tesla and Edison. Edison was the Weird One and somewhat of a psychopath, by putting on public demonstrations on Electrocuting Live Animals.

Then when Tesla won the Bid for the Lighting of the Worlds Fair. He wouldn't let him use his Incandescent Light Bulbs, so Tesla invented a New type of Bulb that was cheaper and faster to build and brought the project in on Time and Budget.

Sometimes People won't believe they are being bitten by a dog when they can see it biting them.

I know a LOT or Bad Blood has passed around on these forums on this subject on both sides and all it does is Stop Constructive Investigation on to what this Phenomena is and how we as individuals can make it better and answer some questions that others haven't got answered yet.

Who knows MAYBE we can take this from the old Telephone Receiver hunting for the bullet in Lincoln's head to the Modern Metal Detectors we have today.

But I Will Guarantee you if the Atmosphere Continues to be Hostile then that Timid Individual that could have an Answer WILL NOT speak up. And our Whole Species will Suffer for the Loss of that persons input.

So Grow Up Boys and Girls and Put your Big Persons Pants on and lets get some New Constructive Ideas to Mull Over.

Last edited:

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
I equate all this Skeptical Disbelief that abounds to Fear of The Unknown.

That is one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is that perhaps the skeptics have weighed the evidence supporting divining and just found it unconvincing. I am guessing most skeptics fall into that camp. I have a buddy that is into divining. His grandmother would freak out if she saw him in her back garden with his wands. She was sure all that "hocus pocus" was the work of the devil :laughing7:. She would fall into your "Fear of The Unknown" group of skeptics.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is that perhaps the skeptics have weighed the evidence supporting divining and just found it unconvincing. I am guessing most skeptics fall into that camp. I have a buddy that is into divining. His grandmother would freak out if she saw him in her back garden with his wands. She was sure all that "hocus pocus" was the work of the devil :laughing7:. She would fall into your "Fear of The Unknown" group of skeptics.

That's why it's "divining" to one group and "witching" to another.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But I Will Guarantee you if the Atmosphere Continues to be Hostile then that Timid Individual that could have an Answer WILL NOT speak up. And our Whole Species will Suffer for the Loss of that persons input.

Very well put very true.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread