OP
OP
utah mason

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm sure you will be happy with it. I looked at a pretty much every high banker out there. I even though about building my own. But decided to leave that up to the pros. It's a really well built and a great weight. Perfect for one or two people. I would definitely get the clay claw with it. I throw a shovel in let it wash while I'm getting the next shovel. Set the shovel on crash box and then lift claw let it clear quick then in goes next shovel. Man, now I'm itching to get it back in the water after typing that lol. I haven't used it as a concentrater. It doesn't leave you with a lot of cons. I just classify and pan. It so little amount of material I had to buy some smaller classifiers from the guys at gold cube, yes Kevin I ordered from your link.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am itching to get back there too. The last 2 times I have done pretty good up there. A lot better than I ever have!! The piglet is definitely on my list. I just need to save up a little more and Ill have one.

I'm sure you will be happy with it. I looked at a pretty much every high banker out there. I even though about building my own. But decided to leave that up to the pros. It's a really well built and a great weight. Perfect for one or two people. I would definitely get the clay claw with it. I throw a shovel in let it wash while I'm getting the next shovel. Set the shovel on crash box and then lift claw let it clear quick then in goes next shovel. Man, now I'm itching to get it back in the water after typing that lol. I haven't used it as a concentrater. It doesn't leave you with a lot of cons. I just classify and pan. It so little amount of material I had to buy some smaller classifiers from the guys at gold cube, yes Kevin I ordered from your link.

OP
OP
utah mason

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am itching to get back there too. The last 2 times I have done pretty good up there. A lot better than I ever have!! The piglet is definitely on my list. I just need to save up a little more and Ill have one.
Nice! Is the gate still open? We will definitely have to meet up and you can try out the piglet before you buy it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was open about a week ago. id like to see that thing in action in person. We will have to meet up.

Nice! Is the gate still open? We will definitely have to meet up and you can try out the piglet before you buy it.

OP
OP
utah mason

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It was open about a week ago. id like to see that thing in action in person. We will have to meet up.
The weather looks good for the next week or so, maybe next weekend.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unfortunately next weekend is out for me. I have to work. I work a 5 on, 5 off, 4 on, 5 off, 5 on, 4 off schedule and each one of those rotates from days to nights. Kennecott has a messed up work schedule.

OP
OP
utah mason

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Unfortunately next weekend is out for me. I have to work. I work a 5 on, 5 off, 4 on, 5 off, 5 on, 4 off schedule and each one of those rotates from days to nights. Kennecott has a messed up work schedule.
Pm me what days would work and I'll see if one might work for me as well.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Wow, thanks!

BTW I will be spending a week in SLC just a bit after thanksgiving. Maybe we can meet up again?!

OP
OP
utah mason

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Made it out to test out the gold cube. Really good piece of equipment. Really impressed with the amount of material it can process. The trommel kicks butt, the tailings come out nice and clean. Seems to hold on to the gold really well. I'm very glad I picked it up. As I said before I probably didn't need another piece of equipment, but it was a great deal and I'm a sucker for new toys.
I met up with fmrusmc_0844 and worked one of his spots. Great spot, gold was good, hike was easy and company was great. He told me he was getting a bit of Mercury out of this spot. Dang he wasn't kidding! I got more mercury/ amalgam this trip then all my other trips combined! I brought the piglet for Dan to test out, looks like Dan will be picking up a new high banker this winter! It's a great high banker, perfect for a couple of people to run non-stop. Plus it's a killer on that fine gold we have around here.
View attachment IMG_20171114_132320390.jpg
View attachment IMG_20171114_132330717.jpg
IMG_20171123_075449280_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
utah mason

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks, he really liked it. He will be ordering one really soon, the one in the vid is mine I brought for him to test out. it's a really good piece of equipment. Built well, great weight and can process the material quick. Can also be run as a dredge, while someone else shovels. And it holds on to the gold excellent. If your looking for a small high banker I think this is the best one on the market. I would suggest ordering the extension. I didn't, I figured I would just run my sluice on the end. That works ok, but not as convenient to pack in as the extension would be.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The piglet is one awesome high banker, especially for a mini! It is definitely not a toy and is made pretty tough. I already have the wife on board for one so that is a good thing. If she wasn't on board Id have to go with better to ask forgiveness than permission route.

It was a great day out and we got some good gold out of there and even better company. Its always nice to meet up with someone to prospect with. We will have to do that again! I did ok yesterday. I wasn't out there too long between the wife and daughter getting cold. There is a lot of mercury in that spot. I did find more today. I guess I should start my online journal here too.

OP
OP
utah mason

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
made it out a couple of Sundays ago with my son to look for a spot lower down in the canyon to work this winter. The gate was still open at the time, but unfortunately it's not anymore : ( we probably ran for an hour and a half or so. Probably spent more time test panning setting up and cleaning up then actual run time. I have been looking at this spot since last winter. Glad I finally got around to checking it out. I always enjoy getting some father and son time and a little gold for the boys vial is a nice bonus.
IMG_20171119_114549012.jpg
IMG_20171119_114545828.jpg
IMG_20171202_083240729.jpg

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice, Mason. I really like the small trommel.
Jim

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. I like the free child labor as well lol. Looks almost like a hand stack across the river

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Piglet will be here on the 14th. Unfortunately that is my first night shift so I wont get to play with it yet. Gold Hog is having a 10% off orders over $200 right now.

Nice little video! How does 0844 like his piglet? I've been checking those out lately.

OP
OP
utah mason

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Right on, I'm excited for you! Did you get the extension? That sucks it arrives when you start your night shift. Let me know when you will be able to get out. We will break out the sleds, and haul up the piglets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread