Utah Gold

Jagdpanther

Jun 22, 2005
The Edge
My son and I spent a day (28 July) in an area know as Mineral Basin located just SE of Salt Lake City. The gold here is small with most of it flour gold. We did find a few flakes. Sorry I didn't put anything in for size comparison. The gold you see is in a small 7” pan. Dug it out of a gravel bar that had been pushed up from the spring runoff. There was still some snow way up in the basin. The stream was running fast and cold. We had a great day.

Attachments

• HPIM3209.jpg
    HPIM3209.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 682
Upvote 0

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice color! WTG and thanks for sharing!

Lookin

2fishon

Jul 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Nice! Were you just panning or did you run it through a sluice box or something?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad!!Never seen Utah gold before! :thumbsup:

AZ-Mtnman

Jul 25, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab
LOL C'mon Kuger, looks like gold from UT, NV, NM, AZ, OR, WA, MT, CA, CO, ID, or WY. Can't tell from a pic. Just from where I live, if you show me some gold, I can tell you where it may have came out of. Those are some nice finds, tho, so keep them coming.

OP
OP
Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther

Jun 22, 2005
The Edge
2fishon said:
Nice! Were you just panning or did you run it through a sluice box or something?

We were using a sluice box that I made. Large slick plate with expanded metal over miners moss. Still fine tuning the design. I should be able to up the recovery of the really fine gold that we have here.

Attachments

• slickplate.jpg
    slickplate.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 536

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread