Utter OMG Moments!

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see some posts about your complete, utter OMG moments. Something embarassing, something frightening. Not necessarily a detecting or treasure find. I love to read those but the forums are full of those already. I want something different. Nothing disgusting, Something we can laugh at or say OMG with you.

Here is an example of mine:

Years ago I was hanging with some friends at my apartment. We were all into throwing knives, stars, and other pointy things and The Cutlery always had a steady supply of toys for us at the mall.
I had a four pronged throwing star in my hand that I had just honed to razor sharpness. My buddy on the couch across from me asked to see it. Being too lazy to get up and hand it to him, I made a slight tossing motion that he well understood. That I was too lazy to get up and hand it to him and intended to toss it. He sat up to prepare himself for the gentle lob of about a half pound of razor sharp slicery.
It was a beautiful toss. One that would make the most seasoned tennis player green with envy. No spin whatsoever. A perfect ace.
As it made it's gentle arc toward my friend, he reached high with outstretched fingers and eyes wide open so as the 440 stainless steel weapon entered the palm of it's hand, he could bring his arm down at the same velocity, thereby minimizing any sudden shock or damage, BUT... of mice and men.
As the throwing star landed in his hand, his arm came down with it. The back of his hand landed on his inner thigh just inside the knee but one of the prongs were extended beyond his hand. It barely nicked his leg but none of us knew that, not even him.
He raised it up to have a closer look then SPRIT, SPRIT!... SPRIT, SPRIT!. Blood started gushing out of his leg!!
The blade nicked an artery. It took quite a while for the bleeding to stop. We didn't take him to the hospital, we were stupid, freaked out kids. :D

More to follow.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you can bleed to death from the femoral artery in just a few minutes. You got lucky.

Kids, don't try this at home.

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigginThePast said:
Wow, you can bleed to death from the femoral artery in just a few minutes. You got lucky.

Kids, don't try this at home.

HE got lucky. And yeah I agree. :icon_thumleft:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, though I wasn't there for it (because I just finished college & moved back down to Florida the week before)... I just have to share this story from one of my good college friends.

Now before I do, I just have to let everyone know who is reading this that you WILL say "HOLY CRAP" or something similar. I know I did. But there isn't any blood.... with that being said, on with the show!

So my friend Sara and some of our other friends were playing Pictionary at a local coffee shop that we all frequented. With three seconds left in the game, her team guessed "copy machine."

In a moment of excitement, our friend Matt threw his hands up and then slapped them down on the table. At the exact moment he slapped his hands down, the pen that was being used to keep score just happened to be in the upright position, causing the pen to go through his skin and into his forearm.

Of course, they ended up taking him to the ER. He luckily missed any arteries or major veins, so there wasn't even any blood. Us college kids get crazy sometimes, and I guess this just proves that. Glad I finished college without any similar experiences!! :D

Bran <><

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 234
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 222
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 230
OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Jumpin' are you kidding me? That was awesome! :headbang: :hello2:

swampgal

May 3, 2008
G, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III
June 6, 1974, I was 14. I was sitting on my bicycle at a friends house when her neighbor walked up with a 22 pistol. He pointed at me and said look it a play gun it looks real, I told him it was a real gun and it needed to be put up. He disagreed with me and decided to show me it was a play gun. I spent the next week in the hospital. And had the bullet removed 2 years later.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
pray tell what happened to the idiot lil twerp that shot you with that 22 ? nothing good I hope -- that one gonads should be cut off, cuz hes too stupid to let breed -- just exactly how closely related were his parents by the way?

swampgal

May 3, 2008
G, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III
Nothing happened to him it was ruled an accident. Because him and his friends was playing with it. I got lucky the bullets was over 20 yrs. old. he shot me in the face.

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Note to self, never play mumble y pegs with GopherDaGold :laughing9:

;D

@ swampgal... Wow!! Just WOW!! I would be traumatized for life!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
gee and I thought THIS was funny --when the waiter at olive garden a few nights ago --asked the wife "soup or salad"? -- since you get either soup or salad (pick one) to go along with your meal -- she without missing a beat said "what is your "SUPER SALAD" like ? -- please note my wife was a 4.0 honors student in college and not normally that thick --it had been a very long day at school teaching kids and she was wore out mentally -- I laughed my butt off --esp since I had just said "SOUP"

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soup or salad...That was funny!! That reminded me of something that happened yesterday, not sure why as it's quite unrelated to your post but here goes:

Was walking toward the front entrance of Wal Mart with my 13 year old wannabe vampire. I realized I still had a ciggie in my hand so I veered left to drop the butt into the ash can. My daughter watched me then asked: "What are you doing? The door is THIS way! Are you high?" (she knows I HATE that and she'd just graduated DARE class)
I explained to her that to the best of my knowledge Wal Mart hadn't changed their policy on smoking indoors and I was merely disposing of my smoke properly.
As I finished my business with the ash can, I re-joined the kid and we made our way back to the entrance. Just in front of the automatic door, laying on the ground was a stamped out cigarette. I called out to Samantha who was now in front of me and pointed to the butt which was still around 3/4ths of it's original length: "Hey Sammy, look. See this?" "Now THIS person was HIGH!"
We both cracked up as we entered the store. I think we were still laughing five minutes later or at least until I discovered that the haircut and color she was about to have was gonna cost me around ninety bucks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread