V-nickel, Indian Head, Silver, Ring, Buttons...and more!

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, Don took us to some nice sites last weekend, one being an old house. I found 2 mercs, some wheats, and an 1891 V-nickel on a slope near the sidewalk. The V-nickel was great to find, only my second ever. Then I found some old buttons and other trinkets, and later another merc. It was cool how Don found the ring. We had a great time.
Oct21J.jpg

Oct21I.jpg

Me and my dad returned to the old local middle school for a bit and I went near where I found the 1926 gold ring and got an old 5c trade token. I like the token alot. I also got a silver ring at a different middle school, along with one of two parts of a sterling silver love pendant.

Let's see, then there's the site where my dad found the 1858 half dime. He found a spill of 3 silver quarters and some wheats. Days later when we returned to the site, I asked where this hole was and I checked it out...there was one silver quarter he missed! I found another silver quarter there in addition to a merc and a war nickel.
Oct21H.jpg

Oct21G.jpg

Oct21F.jpg

Oct21E.jpg

Okay that brings us to today. I MDed at my grandma's (1853 house) for a short bit in the front yard. I've wandered through the area several times before. Today I dug everything. I found a gold looking pin thingy, and an 1896 indian. This indian read iron on every single swing no matter how you swung the coil over it. But it was a good steady iron signal (and a small target), so I dug out of curiosity. It was only 3 in or so down. I found this just as my dad was coming out to join me, and after I reported this find, it must've served as some good motivation to him as he shortly announced finding an indian himself. This one was deep, though. It is in awesome condition, and an 1875 at that. Anyway, I also got a flattened looking coin/token, but, noticing the ropelike edge, it may have been created like that way. I can't make anything else out on it. Lastly, in the dark, I moved to the other side of the driveway and got a funky signal with some iron in it. It pinpointed small, so that was the sign to dig. It was a deep button. It looks very old, with a horse jumping over a fence. My grandma was very excited with what we found.
Overall, I think the moist ground is helping with enhancing the targets a bit. Thanks for lookin, HH guys!
Oct21A.jpg

Oct21C.jpg

Oct21B.jpg

Oct21D.jpg

Upvote 0

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Lots of fun. ;D :) Can't believe we never found those IH's until today. Ground/Air conditions were very good today. Anyway here is a pic of Nate with Don from last weekend. Nate is on the left(Blondie). :D We were in Wooster, Ohio hunting a late 1800's home that was hunted before.

NateabndDon800.jpg

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Back again with another great post man.

You have been digging alot lately. I can tell. Those V-nickles are nice to find.

I found the rarest one. About three yrs ago in a old grove I turned up a 1885 with a full liberty. I just about fell over.

HH Jer

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job guys.. Two thumbs up for those nice digs.

Attachments

• THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 342
  • THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 348

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant say u didnt have a good day....very nice finds

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a fantastic post, Nate. (blondie) You guys have some great sites to dig...that's for sure! :o

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Amazing finds! Don't those silver washingtons just look beautiful?

-CC

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments guys! I'm hoping we get lucky this year with the winter weather like last year. We got plenty of snow but the ground remained unfrozed basically the whole season! It's snowing right now and it triggered these thoughts. Anyway, HH all

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome find's Nate...Look's like a good time to be had by everyone....HH!!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds you two, Nate, your Dad has taught you well. I think
it's great you two are hunting together. mmmmmmmmmmmm Wooster
you guys are adventuring a little farther than home aren't you? haha

HH< Ringfinder

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Nate, you are tearin it up, great finds and thanks for the post, very interesting! HH, Mike

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Nate! 8) And good luck with your winter hunts too!

Nana ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread