Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first box ever found a V nick. Then it took like 5-6 boxes and a few bags to get a war nick and a buffalo, must have been close to $1000 in nicks before I found my first war or buff.

Then I found plenty of those.

Then a few weeks ago found my second V nick after must be close to 5-6k in nickels.

Who knows, it's certainly mysterious.

I did find one in the last few weeks though, if that answers the question!

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've dug a few this year, but never found one CRH.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Someone most likely DUMPED deceased grandfathers collection, and needed the cash fast. None the less a good find, to be put in your own collection.

Will45

Sep 1, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in PA and got this 1893 V nickel.

Attachments

• image-2954564570.jpg
    image-2954564570.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 108

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found Indian Head cents in my first week of cent hunting, a Barber dime in my first month of dime hunting, and a Walking Liberty half in my first month of hunting halves. Still haven't seen a V nickel though, after searching roughly $2500-3000 worth.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a 1911 V nick in my till at work 2 days ago. This is the 2nd V nick I have found in the past couple of months. Wish it had been a buff or war nick but I'll take anything right now.

Sincerely, GarouLady

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Someone most likely DUMPED deceased grandfathers collection, and needed the cash fast. None the less a good find, to be put in your own collection.
I'm not dead yet... I dump TONS of that stuff because they really don't interest me. Especially if I buy a small collection now and then with a lot of "fluff", dated/dateless buffalos, worn v-nicks, clad proof Kennedys, worn/common IH's, all in the hopes to spur a new collector. The only stuff I do keep are all the old coins that I dig, LC's, IH's, shield nicks, old foreigns, silver, etc, that go into a catalog to show that there are a lot of oldies left in the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread