Feb 27, 2013
Middlesex County, MA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer(s)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have any experience running this setup with a V3/V3I? I'll be primarily running it in Mixed Mode Pro in not too trashy, deep woods areas around old cellar holes....I'm sure right around the foundy's, they'll be some nails and other ferrous crap, and I'll be bringing an AT Pro with a much smaller 6x8 loded on there, but would appreciate any info on just how deep this coil gets and how well pinpointing can work if there IS a bit of iron around?

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It should perform well with good separation
cover some ground in a hurry

OP
OP
CleenSweep

CleenSweep

Feb 27, 2013
Middlesex County, MA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer(s)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It should perform well with good separation
cover some ground in a hurry

That "seperation" is my big concern. I don't want to invest 3 bills in a coil you can ONLY use in deep woods or fields...Anyone else use either a 15" or 18" SEF type coil and care to chime in? Is your usage worth the investment? I'd love the depth, but how it it with seperation and masking?

OP
OP
CleenSweep

CleenSweep

Feb 27, 2013
Middlesex County, MA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer(s)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sooooo....Not one person here has upgraded to a larger SEF Butterfly type coil and can give some input? I'd almost rather get a smaller 6x8 one for EACH machine, but am very tempted to go deep in some of these spots I'm looking at.....

Bungyrich

Oct 18, 2012
us
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, White's V3i, stock coil and 18x15 SEF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sooooo....Not one person here has upgraded to a larger SEF Butterfly type coil and can give some input? I'd almost rather get a smaller 6x8 one for EACH machine, but am very tempted to go deep in some of these spots I'm looking at.....

I am wondering too. I might get either the 15 or 18" one. My concern is the 18" dosn't say V rated but not sure what that means. I want to look for a large gold cache that is 3 feet down I am wondering if the 15" will do the trick.

Bungyrich

Oct 18, 2012
us
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, White's V3i, stock coil and 18x15 SEF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just got mine in. The prospecting mode is great with some tweaking it will go real deep like over 4 feet on a large cashe. pinpoints great. not that great with any other modes that your stock coil can do. the v rated 15x12 would be your best bet for all around treasure hunting in all modes will be much better than the stock.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread